Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Biggest disappointment - team records so far

Not so fast...while everyone else were labeling phi a dream team i thought theyd have their hands full in a division with DAL and NYG. In no way did i ever think anyone should have deemed them NFC EAST champs as quick s they did.

On the other hand Indy went from a perenial playoff contender to only the 2nd 0-16 team ever. For me thats more of a disappointment than the eagles. Not only cause they didnt get a win but it also showed that other than Peyton Manning...they have no one on that team that you can build around. NOOOOOOO ONEEEEEE....

to further my case....as far as records go PHI is about 4-5 wins from where people expected them to be. IND is about 10 lol. Much more of a disappointment imo.

I gotta go with Philly. I get what you're saying hughes, but no Peyton is why Indy isn't my choice. Sure a winless season is terrible and I would have thought Indy would have done better without Peyton than they actually have, but the talent Philly obtained and the money spent seals it for me. Colts 0-16 with Manning? Then I'm all over Indy....

mhughes0021 said:
Not so fast...while everyone else were labeling phi a dream team i thought theyd have their hands full in a division with DAL and NYG. In no way did i ever think anyone should have deemed them NFC EAST champs as quick s they did.

On the other hand Indy went from a perenial playoff contender to only the 2nd 0-16 team ever. For me thats more of a disappointment than the eagles. Not only cause they didnt get a win but it also showed that other than Peyton Manning...they have no one on that team that you can build around. NOOOOOOO ONEEEEEE....

to further my case....as far as records go PHI is about 4-5 wins from where people expected them to be. IND is about 10 lol. Much more of a disappointment imo.

They lost a HOF QB and he was replaced with crap city. There was never doubt in my mind that if Peyton missed a season they might not win.

I gotta go with the RAMS, did they take a huge step back or what, never saw that coming. Philly very close second but with all the pre hype wasn't it really that shocking..

Well even without the added players Philly was projected to win a lot of games. As many as last year anyway.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I don't even have to look past Philly. Them in a landslde.

Yeah.

I figured they would suck with Vick at the helm this year. It's his MO.

So, I guess I'm not surprised, but would agree that after all the hype and fanfare surrounding the guy, as well as trading away a competent QB, and dumping money on Vick, having a losing record at this point makes the Eagles the biggest disappointment.

also... that Eagles defensive line formation where they spread their ends & tackles way out? Dumb.

like REALLY dumb.

MichChamp02 said:
also... that Eagles defensive line formation where they spread their ends & tackles way out? Dumb.

like REALLY dumb.

The wide 9 is what Det runs. What do you think is stupid about it?

I had to go with st. Louis i never thought philly was going to be good. They spent a ton of money but none of it where they were weak aka LBs. I thought the rams were going to take a step forward at least in their own division but they are garbage. I also think the bucs should be put in there with all the talk of them being an up and coming team. The colts I give a pass to because of no Peyton.

1) Dolts: purposely tanking it, or at least their brass and coaching staff is ensuring that the team has a good shot, one more loss vs Titans will likely seal their #1 pick, b/c they won't win both of their final two games in division vs Texans and @ Jaguars. In the extremely unlikely event that they were to win two of their remaining three, and the Queens and/or Lambs losing their remaining three games, they would all be tied @ 2-14, not sure what the NFL's tie-breaker formula would be in that scenario, SOS or within division records?

2) Lambs: still remember their fan with the SN "outwithbulger" who trolled the late old format ESPN Lions board last year, hope that he is truly enjoying their season so far..haha!!

3) Eaglets: plenty of talent, but apparently many if not most were/are not on the same page during most games as a team along with rib-injured Vick returning to his mediocre career average this season as QB, anyway that still falls mostly on their coaching staff... heads may roll and soon.

4) Succaneers: after starting the season @ 4-2, the team has proceeded to lose seven straight consecutive games, including their last two vs Panthers and @ Jags being blowout losses, considering that their final three games are vs Cowboys @ Panthers, and @ Falcons, they may very well end their season on a ten game losing streak.

5) Tie Bungles and Bills: Both teams looked like they were going to be locks for at least a WC spot in the first half of the season, esp the Bungles, who were riding high on a 6-2 first-half. If the team manages to lose next Sunday @ Lambs, they could very well wind up their once promising season with a five-game losing streak and a 7-9 losing record as well, b/c their last two games @ home are vs the surging WC hopeful Cards and the bye-seeking Ravens.

i voted for philly, but i personally dont feel that its a disappointment...i hate the eagles. i think its hilarious.

MichChamp02 said:

like REALLY dumb.

You need to put old id's in your sign, I have no idea who you are - Art, Beez? Come on, man.

:) :)

Maize&Cheese304 said:
Chargers. More this year than usual.

If you said P. Rivers I'd say yeah. He's the one that has went backward. They only won 9 last year. So they won't be far off if at all.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
MichChamp02 said:

like REALLY dumb.

You need to put old id's in your sign, I have no idea who you are - Art, Beez? Come on, man.

:) :)

Not it!

I voted Philly but I have to mention the Buccs... They have been an abortion this season and Josh Freeman is looking terrible.. INjuries haven't helped but they are hideous.. Raheem Morris is as big of a joke as I thought he was as well.. Totally overrated last year..

I went with Tampa. I expected them to be a playoff team and they are 4-9 and look terrible. Philly is a massive disappointment too, but I wasn't sure how that was gonna workout for them after the lockout, so I'm not as surprised that it hasn't.

Back