Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

I really wish Dumars would do something

biggunsbob

Pro basketball is so much more fun for me when the Pistons are good. Dumars needs to deliver some improvement this year or I think his time has come.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Pro basketball is so much more fun for me when the Pistons are good. Dumars needs to deliver some improvement this year or I think his time has come.

Look for something to happen soon. Rodney Stuckey could very well be involved in a sign and trade, rumors are going around he dosen't want to be here(No idea why, now that rip is gone he would be able to be the starting SG)

But even if we do a S&T dont look for any big names to come back.

Give it until next year and lets us see if we can get a budding superstar(Anthony Davis or Andre Drummond)

If we decided to keep Stuckey we would be:
Knight
Stuckey
Tay(or Jerebko)
Monroe
Davis/Drummond

That would be a great young core.

Dumars won't do jack.. His big move was waiving RIP.. They might go after Kaman, but I doubt it..

Joe needs to be better then he has been... Joe has been a disaster the last few years.

Joe is doing something...he hasn't signed Stuckey for what he's asking for yet, that's a plus.

Romneybot said:
Joe is doing something...he hasn't signed Stuckey for what he's asking for yet, that's a plus.
Yup a big time move there if he lets slops walk..

time for Joe to move on, what once was a great franchise, is now a laffer.

He DID build a championship team, but in retrospect, I wonder how much of that was accomplished with guidance from Bill Davidson.

This franchise has absolutely tanked since he died. I mean, I figured after they won the title in '04, and then Larry Brown left, they would get old and fall apart. Dumars didn't seem to foresee that and have a plan to reload and rebuild when that happened. Then, without Davidson, and the franchise languishing under his heirs, it was a disaster.

I always liked Rip and Tayshaun, but he should've moved forward with Billups, I think; was premature to get rid of him, especially since we have no other leadership on the court from our rent-a-coach mentality.

the jury is still out on Gores...

MichChamp02 said:
He DID build a championship team, but in retrospect, I wonder how much of that was accomplished with guidance from Bill Davidson.
This franchise has absolutely tanked since he died.

Kind of like UM and Bo. Hopefully Frank is Detroit's Hoke

Back