Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Finally some good news on Injuries

hankpav53

Jason Fox doesn't need surgery

Gosder Cherilus took part in the majority of 11 on 11 1st team drills

and Titus Young took part in individual drills for the second straight day.. although no contact drills yet

Good news on the O-line injury front for Detroit. OT Gosder Cherilus took the majority of first team reps during team 11-on-11 drills. The fact that Cherilus is participating in practice on consecutive days and increasing reps is a welcome development for Detroit's depleted line.

WR Titus Young (muscle tightness) participated in individual drills for a second consecutive day Tuesday. Young has yet to take a contact rep since returning to practice

That is good news. Hope we hear more like this than what we had heard.

mojo said:
any news on fairley, is he recovering well from surgery.

Can't find much lately. Knowing the Lions, I doubt we'll find out any more until he comes back or is close to coming back.

I actually think the Fairley injury may be the best thing that could have happened to him (assuming it doesn't linger). He gets to sit back, learn the defense from TRUE professionals, learn what it mean to BE a professional, and the pressure is completely off of him this season as far as being the next great DT that many billed him to be.

relionme said:
I actually think the Fairley injury may be the best thing that could have happened to him (assuming it doesn't linger). He gets to sit back, learn the defense from TRUE professionals, learn what it mean to BE a professional, and the pressure is completely off of him this season as far as being the next great DT that many billed him to be.

the best thing for him ??? lol

the best thing for him is REPS as many live REPS as he can get...he had 3 months to sit on his ass and learn the system and the playbook.

slick said:
relionme said:

the best thing for him is REPS as many live REPS as he can get...he had 3 months to sit on his ass and learn the system and the playbook.
He'll get plenty of practice reps when he's back and healthy. Even without him, the D-Line is stacked. We don't NEED him to be successful. Of course, he should bolster the already studly line when he is rotated in, but maybe the injury is that slice of humble pie that Fairley needs. Take him down a notch. He can now go in two directions. The first. He can be a schmuck let his ego get in the way of his progress (surely what would have happened had he gone to a team with no solid veteran leadership, or weak talent on the D-Line). The second, he realizes that he must EARN his spot, even as a first round pick, and he strives to improve himself in order to be an NFL starter. With the supposed attitude problems he was supposed to have, I think sitting back may help. Now, will the injury set him back as far as developing his physical talent? No doubt about it. The metal aspect is what I'm talking about.

relionme said:
slick said:

He'll get plenty of practice reps when he's back and healthy. Even without him, the D-Line is stacked. We don't NEED him to be successful. Of course, he should bolster the already studly line when he is rotated in, but maybe the injury is that slice of humble pie that Fairley needs. Take him down a notch. He can now go in two directions. The first. He can be a schmuck let his ego get in the way of his progress (surely what would have happened had he gone to a team with no solid veteran leadership, or weak talent on the D-Line). The second, he realizes that he must EARN his spot, even as a first round pick, and he strives to improve himself in order to be an NFL starter. With the supposed attitude problems he was supposed to have, I think sitting back may help. Now, will the injury set him back as far as developing his physical talent? No doubt about it. The metal aspect is what I'm talking about.

seriously dude..you're on glue

you want your #13 overall pick on the field..not in a walking boot.

seriously dude..you're on glue

you want your #13 overall pick on the field..not in a walking boot.[/quote] Usually you're right, you would want him on the field, but in this very specific situation, I'm just saying that it might be exactly what this guy needed to get his head in the game. Especially if he reads the tools on MLive who have already proclaimed him and Suh the greatest DT tandem of all time. That shit has a way of creeping into young guy's heads and clouding their perception.

relionme said:
slick said:

We don't NEED him to be successful.

What? Lol.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
relionme said:
We don't NEED him to be successful.

What? Lol.
Ok, I'm saying we don't need him to play this year to have a successful season. Not, we don't need him to be successful as a player. That is all.

So if he doesn't play this year, he's successful? Not sure I understand your thought process.

relionme said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]

What? Lol.
Ok, I'm saying we don't need him to play this year to have a successful season. Not, we don't need him to be successful as a player. That is all.

dude....don't type anything more in this thread , you've dug yourself way to DEEP.

he's the #13 pick overall in the draft...and was thought about being the #1 pick about 6 weeks before the draft...if he isn't ready MENTALLY to play in the NFL Day 1...Mayhew made a GRAVE GRAVE ERROR.

slick said:
relionme said:

dude....don't type anything more in this thread , you've dug yourself way to DEEP.

he's the #13 pick overall in the draft...and was thought about being the #1 pick about 6 weeks before the draft...if he isn't ready MENTALLY to play in the NFL Day 1...Mayhew made a GRAVE GRAVE ERROR.
That's exactly the reason he slipped to 13. Talk of lack of work ethic, laziness, and a bad attitude. That and a terrible decision by Minnesota.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]So if he doesn't play this year, he's successful? Not sure I understand your thought process.
And I don't even know what to say to this. I don't understand your thought process, for sure. Did you understand what you were reading? Read it again.

Relion, what you said " Ok, I'm saying we don't need him to play this year to have a successful season.". I read this.

Back