Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Pistons Bold Predictions

bestisbest

I have 3 of them:

1. Ben Gordon wins the MIP(Most Improved Player) and puts up over 20ppg. He finally has a coach that suits him IMO and he will get a lot of PT, especially if Stuckey isn't a Piston for much longer.

2. Brandon Knight wins ROY(Rookie of the Year) with 18ppg and 7apg. I have a strange feeling this kid will be a star in this league and make an impact at PG right off the bat unlike others in their rookie years(CP3 and D-Will). IMO he is light years better than Irving, and in such a weak draft class I feel the ROY is his for the taking.

3. Jonas Jerebko and Greg Monroe make a great front-court combination and hold their own with other great forward combos in the league. Jonas puts up 12 and 8 and Monroe puts up 15 and 9.

Post your bold predictions!

tigers99888 said:
Jason Maxiell hits 3 bills maybe 350..

shocked.gif

I have to say there is no way Knight averages those numbers. With this roster 7 assists a game seems like a stretch for a rookie PG even for a bold prediction thread. Couple that with Gordons shot quantity, just seems too far of a stretch. I think 14 and 5 would be bold enough.

Beez said:
I have to say there is no way Knight averages those numbers. With this roster 7 assists a game seems like a stretch for a rookie PG even for a bold prediction thread. Couple that with Gordons shot quantity, just seems too far of a stretch. I think 14 and 5 would be bold enough.

If that's bold, then what's your actual prediction?

Assuming they have an actual center and don't go (relatively) small ball with Monroe at C and Jerebko at PF, I predict Jonas will be in the discussion for 6th man of the year, and have a good chance at winning it if the Pistons aren't too much of a dumpster fire.

DR said:
Beez said:

9-10 ppg and 4 assists

Beez said:
DR said:

9-10 ppg and 4 assists

Hmm, we'll see. It all comes down to minutes, but I think he'll get plenty, and 14 and 5 will be closer to his baseline.

I was going to say 9-13 ppg but I thought if I'm gonna make a prediction thats being kind of loose.

Knight averages 13 ppg, 6 apg, and 3 rpg, pretty much exactly what the Pistons normally get from a PG in their poor offense. Frank isn't able to install much change due to the limited training camp. He makes an all-rookie team, but is nowhere near ROY due to system and opportunities.

Monroe becomes the 2nd option offensively and averages 16 ppg, 10 rpg, 3 apg. He is in the running to make the all-star team, but doesn't get the votes. We finally accept that he is a center.

Ben Gordon shoots better overall, but continues to remind everyone why a hot-cold jump shooter shouldn't be your best player. He averages 18-3-2 and probably gets amnestied within the next two offseasons.

Prince is Prince offensively and plays slightly above average D - easiest prediction out there.

Villanueva continues to shoot jumpers, not rebound, and not defend. He becomes a +/- pariah, and there are a dozen different trade rumors circulating around the trade deadline. However, he stays with the team through the year before being flipped for a second round pick to a team far below the cap floor in the offseason.

Jerebko hustles his way to 11 ppg and 6.5 rpg. He is the primary backup for both Prince and Charlie, fans constantly ask for him to start, but when he does we realize just how limited he is as a player.

Stuckey is retained for the QO, and the contract dispute hangs over him all year. This allows Frank to bring him off the bench (rather than starting him due to a big contract), and he pouts his way to a poor year (constantly demanding to start, throwing teammates under the boss, butting heads with Frank). He puts up a few big games randomly that allow him to get signed somewhere else in 2012.

Austin Daye continues to be nothing more than a designated shooter off the bench. This is fine because we stop trying to play him at PF at all.

Ben Wallace does what he does, plays great defense for limited minutes but is still 35 with no offensive game. He retires as a Piston at the end of the year.

Will Bynum barely plays, which irks fans. No one really cares by the end of the year.

Jason Maxiell shows up overweight, only plays when the team is getting killed, and is out of the league at the end of his contract.

Beez said:
I was going to say 9-13 ppg but I thought if I'm gonna make a prediction thats being kind of loose.

Especially since you called 14 bold.

DR said:
Beez said:

Yeah I guess 14 and 5 isn't bold. You probably followed the theme better than I. 18 and 7 (i think thats what you had) is bold best case scenario while mine is more realistic I'd say. How bout that. I could see him realistically at 11 and 4.5

Beez said:
DR said:

Yeah I guess 14 and 5 isn't bold. You probably followed the theme better than I. 18 and 7 (i think thats what you had) is bold best case scenario while mine is more realistic I'd say. How bout that. I could see him realistically at 11 and 4.5

That was bestisbest. I just took exception with you calling 14 and 5 bold.

Beez said:
DR said:

I'll agree my predictions are over the top, but if they actually happen I'll look like a genius haha

I agree with Gordon and Knight, and I believe Monroe is a good PF/C and will improve quite a bit. However Jonas is a role player nothing more.

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]I agree with Gordon and Knight, and I believe Monroe is a good PF/C and will improve quite a bit. However Jonas is a role player nothing more.

I've seen him working out here at Oakland University over the lockout and he looks like he gained some major muscle. I think people forget how good he played as a rookie, I expect big big things from JJ this season.

He was already a solid role player in his first year playing American bball. I think we'll see some improvement for sure, but even if he doesn't end up as more than a glorified role player there's nothing wrong with that.

The Pistons will be a .500 team or better the second half of the season, narrowly missing out on the playoffs.

DR said:
The Pistons will be a .500 team or better the second half of the season, narrowly missing out on the playoffs.

Too bad the 2nd half didn't start 9 games ago, I'd be ready to declare myself winner.

Back