Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

the ride that is being a lions fan

imnicjames

First the lions got some crazy hype after the draft and some key FA pickups. Then the injury bug hits with Leshoure being the breaking point where people started to jump off the wagon, and then Lions grab Bell and Harrison, injured players start practicing again, and people are back on board. And we haven't even played a preseason game yet, lol.

Im not getting myself worked up about anything until the season starts. With all of the injuries i just hope they can pull it together and start the season well.

Some posters here and on the old board have had like 5 different win loss predictions in the last 2 days.

I am a Lion fan for life do or die win or lose. If I made it through the Millen era and an 0-16 season I can get through anything.

wheels002 said:
I am a Lion fan for life do or die win or lose. If I made it through the Millen era and an 0-16 season I can get through anything.

Losing Leshoure really hurts, not necessarily this season, but with the nature of the injury it could mean that he never really has a good career. The Lions are building for 2 or 3 years down the road and Leshoure had the potential to be a key piece on those teams which we hope are Super Bowl contenders. It's the severity of the injury that sucks because it could mean that Leshoure never contributes to this team and we wasted a pick.

We've still upgraded in several areas and we should be better than last season easily.

johnny2x2x said:
Losing Leshoure really hurts, not necessarily this season, but with the nature of the injury it could mean that he never really has a good career. The Lions are building for 2 or 3 years down the road and Leshoure had the potential to be a key piece on those teams which we hope are Super Bowl contenders. It's the severity of the injury that sucks because it could mean that Leshoure never contributes to this team and we wasted a pick.

We've still upgraded in several areas and we should be better than last season easily.

Yeah, the loss of Leshoure was much, much more costly to the franchise, that it would appear to be at first blush, b/c his pick was the result of moving up and back into the second round to snag him, by giving up their two picks in the 3rd and 4th rounds, as well as swapping spots in the 5th and 7th with the Seahawks, not even taking into consideration their loss of a 7th rounder, and having to swap their spot in the 5th round to the the Chiefs for meddling with some of their players who were still under contract.

The Lions had been widely praised for their draft, some "pundits" even considering it to be amongst the top five in the NFL overall, but that obviously is no longer true, and now it could legitimately be considered bottom ten, if not five, with nagging, bad and very devastatingly bad injuries to their top three picks.

How can you say we had one of the worst drafts? Nobody has taken the field yet...you're not supposed to grade a draft for at least 3 or 4 years right?

Everyone just needs to be patient

deuce said:
How can you say we had one of the worst drafts? Nobody has taken the field yet...you're not supposed to grade a draft for at least 3 or 4 years right?

Patients of who Dr. Anderson?

deuce said:

Well...we definitely know that one of them ain't gonna be taking the field anytime soon, if ever.

Type in "NFL Draft Grades 2011" into your search box, and see how many thousands of hits that you will get

Disclaimer: Not necessarily agreeing that a team's draft can be accurately assessed and evaluated immediately after the annual NFL draft is over, but even the major sports MSM sites like ESPN, Sports Illustrated, ect...have appraised these drafts each and every year in that manner.

Back