Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Can't catch a break!

Jessica

It isn't even Winter yet and already my daughter has had strep twice, tonsillitis once, and 2 ear infections. My son has had 2 ear infections, strep once, and now he has a stomach bug and can't keep a single drop of liquid down. *sigh*

Stick a fork in me....

um... stop making them stand out in the cold for hours as punishment for stuff.

Thats a lot of shit. That's what always worries me about my young ones, one gets sick they all get sick and its like a merry go around. And it doesn't stop for weeks.

I remember through grade school... every year on my birthday (February) I'd be out for at least a week with the flu.

When I was 7 or 8, there was a particularly virulent week we all got it. my mom was out of town for a funeral, and my grandma came over to take care of us... within a day or so, I got sick with the flu, then my brother got sick, then my dad, then my grandma , and THEN my grandpa got sick when he came over to take care of my grandma. My dad imposed a family quarantine to keep anyone else from getting it. That was awful. And it was like, fever, vertigo, vomiting, awfulness too. I remember being delirious at night and having horrible nightmares from it.

Kids schools are breeding grounds for that sort of shit. NASTY!

I think around 7th or 8th grade I finally stopped coming down with an annual flu bug like that. I guess I finally built up enough immunity.

Thanks, guys. My son is better but now my daughter has the stomach bug. I swear, if I get it, I'm not going to be a happy momma. lol Throwing up is the absolute worst thing ever and I don't do well with it. Haha

Its funny, never missed a day from K though 12. Once I hit about 35, I'm sick every winter for a week or two.

I was a nice boy :) . Unlike my brothers who went to maybe 1/2. Maybe. It was probably more like 30% of school.

Well, my husband and I had the 24 hour stomach bug on Tuesday. It was not pretty. Both in bed all day, kids running crazy. (Not really, they played Wii, watched cartoons, and ate junk all day. ;) ) I hope this means we can get through the rest of the winter with no more sicknesses!!!!

Damn jesndave...you really can't catch a break...Glad you're back to being well and hope it stays that way!

We are all healthy! Except the laptop. Fuckin' thing is hopefully getting fixed as we speak. :)

Back