Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

big baby and perkins?

wolverine304

Has anyone seen these two? Davis looks like he went into beast mode. And perkins looks like he's on a durantula workout and diet.

I'm kind of excited to see what davis can do.

Haven't seen Davis but Perkins looks great.

Wow, kind of shocking with the lock out and all. Never saw him as a go getter. Attitude has realy changed a lot over the last few years. He's still a bitch but he's been trying not be an overweight slob at least. Remember how fat he was his rookie year? I NEVER thought he'd make it in the NBA.

how pissed are the celtics? Lol. He's fat the whole time and then you trade him and he's in shape.

And I think perkins lost too much weight.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
how pissed are the celtics? Lol. He's fat the whole time and then you trade him and he's in shape.

And I think perkins lost too much weight.

From what I read he is still showing dominance as far as physicality is concerned. I know he's not going up against the most physical guys at practice but they said he's as strong as ever.

It's easy to forget just how much weight Perkins has been carrying due to injuries (never could stay in proper shape). Even the Celtics had been trying to get him to slim down since he was drafted. And looking at the pictures now, he doesn't look like he lost any muscle, dude's a beast.

Davis' weight is a little odd. He's always been pretty agile for his size, so I don't think he'll suddenly get any huge gains there. And moreover, it's his lack of size that really keeps him from being a better player. He can't defend anyone with length anyway, and he's forced to be a jump shooter because he'll get blocked around the basket. Maybe he'll have better footwork in the post, but mostly his limitations were about height and length, not weight.

I'm not sure Perkins losing as much weight as he did will really help him.. He was never hugely overweight to begin with and I thought his size was ideal for his position..

Well if davis was athletic for being 300+ I curious of how he plays now.

tigers99888 said:
I'm not sure Perkins losing as much weight as he did will really help him.. He was never hugely overweight to begin with and I thought his size was ideal for his position..

How overweight he was is a lot harder to tell given his height and frame. But big men customarily wear down their knees just from their regular weight. Given Perkins' prior issues, losing the weight made a lot of long-term sense. He's still broad in the shoulders and hips, and his listed weight of 280 was easily under his actual weight at the trade (only just back to playing games). If he is closer to 265 or 270 right now (the 30 loss was from end of the season, not peak condition), he will in no way have made himself too small for the position. The average NBA center is only about 250 anyway.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
Well if davis was athletic for being 300+ I curious of how he plays now.

Davis has always been agile (which is why he was so good at drawing charges last year), but not really athletic. He's a below-the-rim player, which is why he's such a bad post player and rebounder.

Back