Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

iMDB SUCKS!!!

tinselwolverine

All of a sudden...they want you to purchase a subscription to access info about actors and actresses that used to be provided for nothin'...like the heights of performers, and other background info...

What is that shit? I would have thought they made plenty of loot from production companies advertising movies there, and stuff...

They've had that for like two years. The plus subscription I think. You can find the same stuff on wiki and its free.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]They've had that for like two years. The plus subscription I think. You can find the same stuff on wiki and its free.

Yeah, they've had the plus a long time, but you didn't have to buy it to check a lot of stuff that you could access without it, up until a lot more recently than 2 years.

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]
[quote="Mitch":7mz9ryb5]They've had that for like two years. The plus subscription I think. You can find the same stuff on wiki and its free.

Yeah, they've had the plus a long time, but you didn't have to buy it to check a lot of stuff that you could access without it, up until a lot more recently than 2 years.[/quote:7mz9ryb5]

True. I use it, even have an app and some basic info is gone now. And no way I'm spending coin to get it. Rip off.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
[quote="TinselWolverine":uw9cb4pp]

Yeah, they've had the plus a long time, but you didn't have to buy it to check a lot of stuff that you could access without it, up until a lot more recently than 2 years.

True. I use it, even have an app and some basic info is gone now. And no way I'm spending coin to get it. Rip off. [/quote:uw9cb4pp]

Well, it's not like they don't make money promoting upcoming movies, and with other advertising.

They make plenty of coin; and I'm sure I've gone to or rented a movie because the trailer looked good on iMDB, just like thousands or maybe even millions of other people.

So they may end up losing revenue if eyeballs get directed elsewhere because of user fees, in the long run.

Back