Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lyle Overbay?

If I were the GM, I would add a guy with some speed and above average defensive ability (infield) like Jamey Carroll. We have Santiago but I am not confident in Guillens health.

No, we don't need to give up any more of the thin as it is farm for another guy who hits .220 and can only play 1b or DH.

This would be like adding Sean Casey II. Below average 1Bman, who only other position would be DH. At least with Casey, he served a need. What would Overbay do?

MI_Thumb said:
No, we don't need to give up any more of the thin as it is farm for another guy who hits .220 and can only play 1b or DH.

Aren't they releasing him and eating his contract?

iamthetutor said:
MI_Thumb said:

Aren't they releasing him and eating his contract?

Oh, I thought I read he was DFA'd, which means a team has 10 days to trade him, outright him to a minor league club if he will accept assignment, or he becomes an unrestricted FA.

If he signs with another team the club that DFA'd him pays the majority of his salary.

Overbay has been officially released. So any signing team would only have to pay the league minimum.

Still, what purpose would he serve? Additionally, who would you "release" from the 40-man roster to make room for him?

rebbiv said:
Overbay has been officially released. So any signing team would only have to pay the league minimum.

Still, what purpose would he serve? Additionally, who would you "release" from the 40-man roster to make room for him?

I don't know? Just might be nice in case Martinez or Cabrera were to get hurt somewhere a long the way. Could he go right to AAA?

slick said:
such a fucktard.......

I really don't get you sometime. I think you just like to belittle people no matter what they say. How about you have an OPINION for once... Instead of just calling everyone idiots.

iamthetutor said:
slick said:
such a fucktard.......

I really don't get you sometime. I think you just like to belittle people no matter what they say. How about you have an OPINION for once... Instead of just calling everyone idiots.

I have an opinion....you're a fucktard.

slick said:
iamthetutor said:

Honestly, because you like throw around the "R" word, and considering I work with people with disabilities, I really hope Karma gets you. Message board or not, you aren't a very nice person. Maybe you'll have one of those "retards" when you have kids or maybe you turn into one in a car accident.

iamthetutor said:
slick said:

Honestly, because you like throw around the "R" word, and considering I work with people with disabilities, I really hope Karma gets you. Message board or not, you aren't a very nice person. Maybe you'll have one of those "retards" when you have kids or maybe you turn into one in a car accident.

Nah...I'll be fine.

Overbay hasn't hit for several years, and the Tigers have several guys that can play first and hit better.

Besides, if Cabrera and Victor get hurt, there isn't an insurance policy in the world to cover for that.

Back