Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Whitecaps

audiman24

Hey Guys, sorry I haven't posted on here much lately...hope all is well with everyone. Anyways, I will be the first to admit that I am not THAT deeply involved in knowing each and every one of the Tigers' minor league teams, HOWEVER, I am going up to Midland this weekend to visit a few friends and we are going to a Loons game...looked at the schedule, and who are we playing? The Whitecaps! I was just wondering who in particular I should be paying a little extra close of attention to when I go to the game on Saturday? I know Nick Castellanos and Alex Burgos are both on the team (and believe me, I am STOKED to see Castellanos play in person), but who else would you guys suggest?

Thanks!

Kevin Eichhorn is a pitcher, and Clay Jones 1B/DH look good down there.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]Kevin Eichhorn is a pitcher, and Clay Jones 1B/DH look good down there.

Saw that just now...what about Brian Flynn or Mike Torrealba?

audiman24 said:
[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]Kevin Eichhorn is a pitcher, and Clay Jones 1B/DH look good down there.

from what I can get on Torrealba he is one of a group getting to pitch late.
honestly don't know much about Brian Flynn, other than a big lefthander.
Hope you have a good time and let us know what you think of the players, Castellanos in particular.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]
audiman24 said:

Hope you have a good time and let us know what you think of the players, Castellanos in particular.

I will most certainly try my best to get a decent report out there, but, when you have myself and 1 or 2 other guys going, and about 6-7 girls, I may be distracted throughout the game, if you catch my drift. :)

audiman24 said:
[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]

I will most certainly try my best to get a decent report out there, but, when you have myself and 1 or 2 other guys going, and about 6-7 girls, I may be distracted throughout the game, if you catch my drift. :)

yes it's great to have that many distractions.

Have a great time. Make sure to greet Ben Oglivie.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Ben Oglivie is awesome.

He is a very nice man and accessible. Humble and not stuck up.

Yeah, I got to see the White Caps in Fort Wayne earlier this year and Castellanos looked I would almost say kind of lanky while batting, but he did go 2 for 4, one of those being a double that smashed off of the wall. Hope its a good game, and, as always, enjoy the ladies.

Back