Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

HEY DICK

Scarbarough was 100% right...Durbin got , got....Never was anything stopping Dems from producing an idea for a budget.

but Durbin was also right...people think this Dem "majority" in the Senate and they can do as they please.

take's 60 votes to get anything done.

1 thing I agree with Bill Maher on...should be like the forefathers intended it....51 votes.

SLICK said:
Scarbarough was 100% right...Durbin got , got....Never was anything stopping Dems from producing an idea for a budget.

but Durbin was also right...people think this Dem "majority" in the Senate and they can do as they please.

1 thing I agree with Bill Maher on...should be like the forefathers intended it....51 votes.

only takes 51 on budget items...besides they had 60 for 2 years....and like he said Collins of Maine, so they had 61

tsmith7559 said:
SLICK said:

only takes 51 on budget items...besides they had 60 for 2 years....and like he said Collins of Maine, so they had 61

dude the Independent Senators played with the Dems like it was a slot machine...they wanted so many riders attached to certain things the Dems wanted even Obama wasn't going to play game show host.

takes 60 votes to over ride a filibuster...something the Retards babbled on about quite a bit from 08 - 10

SLICK said:
takes 60 votes to over ride a filibuster...something the Retards babbled on about quite a bit from 08 - 10

they can use reconciliation........dont need 60

tsmith7559 said:
[quote author=lions2011 board=talkpolitics thread=4292 post=103755 time=1324594856]takes 60 votes to over ride a filibuster...something the Retards babbled on about quite a bit from 08 - 10

they can use reconciliation........dont need 60[/quote

not as easy as you think it is...reconciliation has alot of restrictions.

http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/uscongress/a/reconciliation.htm

SLICK said:

There were 100 senators in 1789?

smayschmouthfootball said:
SLICK said:

should have phrased it for the simpletons to understand....my bad

SLICK said:

No. Words have meaning and if Sarah Palin said something similar, you'd be railing her into next July.

SLICK said:

No. Words have meaning and if Sarah Palin said something similar, you'd be railing her into next July.

I'd like to rail into her.....
cool.png

Back