Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Inge to be back

wheels002

It was just tweeted by MLB that Inge says he was promised he would be back in majors in Sept. Why did we even trade for Betemit if we never play him and we are just gonna bring Inge back and you know they will play him.

When the roster expands, he should be back. He's the best defensive third basemen in the system. When you can use 40, you gotta use your best 40.

That said, I hope he doesn't get too many starts.

makes sense when rosters expand. I don't expect many to be brought up, do you JimRice?

even if the rosters do expand he should not be on the team, WB should be an everyday player but when they need a defensive replacement kelly is fine at 3rd. inge has no reason to be on this team

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]makes sennse when rosters expand. I don't expect many to be brought up, do you JimRice?

I'd like to see some of the better prospects up, after the minor league season ends. It will probably do guys like Turner some good to be around the team, even if they don't get much playing time.

Toledo is in last place. It might do some good to have some of those players around for the pennant chase, also.

austindayeisaboss said:
even if the rosters do expand he should not be on the team, WB should be an everyday player but when they need a defensive replacement kelly is fine at 3rd. inge has no reason to be on this team

Kelly has been used as a defensive replacement in the outfield quite often.

And "being fine" isn't as nice as actually being good, which Inge can be in the field. I can't think of a compelling argument as to why the Tigers wouldn't put their best team out there for September. Just don't let him hit.

i think we all know leyland would fall in love with inge again and make him an everyday player, not just a D replacement

austindayeisaboss said:
i think we all know leyland would fall in love with inge again and make him an everyday player, not just a D replacement

I don't believe that would happen, but I believe we'll get a chance to find out.

Back