Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

win 7 anti-virus virus

adam86107

Anyone else had issues with this damn thing? I've been fighting this thing for an hour now, I can get back on the net now but not real sure if its gone or not.

Download Malwarebyes (somehow, forget how I did it) and reboot in safe mode. Let it run its course. Should fix it up.

I just had my hard drive explode yesterday. A big fkn sizzling sound, like frying an egg. I think I saw smoke as well. I lost a lotta shit. Fortunately, my real important stuff I saved elsewhere. But its still a pain in the ass.

I only found 1 antivirus that located it and that was spyware doctor which wanted me to pay to remove it and I'm not doing that cause I already have avg. I haven't had it come back so for now I'm just gonna let it be and see if it causes anymore problems.

That spyware doctor is all crap. Download it so they find stuff but oh yeah, give us money and we might remove it. I use AVG as well, I likey.

I have had that virus 3 times, and Malwarebytes/safe mode combo is gold lol

i get the Vista Defender one all the time. Reboot in safe mode and DL the free microsoft one. Its good for 10 days and you can DL it as many times as needed. Seemed to find and destroy the virsus quicker than most programs for me.

adam86107 said:
Anyone else had issues with this damn thing? I've been fighting this thing for an hour now, I can get back on the net now but not real sure if its gone or not.

YES! I started a thread about it on the wolverines section.

I found a youtube video on how to get around it to download malwarebytes, which is what I did.

I said at the time I was hit with it from this site, but no one else agreed with me.

Malwarebytes fought off another attack from the damn thing a couple days later.

MichChamp02 said:
adam86107 said:

I found a youtube video on how to get around it to download malwarebytes, which is what I did.

I said at the time I was hit with it from this site, but no one else agreed with me.

I got it last week, on my work computer no less. Malwarebytes was the solution here too.

DR said:
MichChamp02 said:

I got it last week, on my work computer no less. Malwarebytes was the solution here too.

yikes.

someone else made the comment that it probably wasn't from Proboards itself, but from some of the linked ads on the site.

MichChamp02 said:
DR said:

yikes.

someone else made the comment that it probably wasn't from Proboards itself, but from some of the linked ads on the site.

Yeah, not a good situation. In the process of getting a smart phone.

MichChamp02 said:
DR said:

yikes.

There are over 500 users on this site.

3-4 people tops have claimed this site/ads gave them a virus.

That alone of proof it's not this site/ads.

I don't know what kinda stuff you surf, or what ads/links you click wherever it is you browse when you're not here, but if you're getting a virus, that's where it's coming from.

If this was an infectious site everyone except the Mac/Linux users would have been hit.

ok... this is just a hunch, but any chance clicking on and watching some of the youtube videos we've been posting might be the source of it?

Back