Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Who Should the Pistons Amnesty

deathroh

Not that they can use it this year, but if they still could and would, who would you pick? Feel free to write in Dumars if that's who you'd most like to get rid of.

Its gotta be Charlie.

I feel like BG still has some value, but we need to trade him now before he looses all his value.

I'd go with Gordon, hands down. I don't see a chance another team takes him in a trade, and when you look at what he's producing vs what his replacements would do I think he's less valuable than Charlie period, let alone factoring in the extra year and $4+ mil a season.

I think it would be foolish to give it to max when he is only making 5 million a year for 2 more years... I would go CV or BG all day..

Yeah, I wasn't going to put him or Bynum on here, but had seen some people mention him before.

nattyiceman2 said:
I think it would be foolish to give it to max when he is only making 5 million a year for 2 more years... I would go CV or BG all day..
Atleast the latter two show some NBA talent.. Maxiell is completely nonexistant and is stealing 5 million a year.. Dude is not an NBA player at all..

tigers99888 said:
nattyiceman2 said:
Atleast the latter two show some NBA talent.. Maxiell is completely nonexistant and is stealing 5 million a year.. Dude is not an NBA player at all..

But the amnesty clause could/should be a valuable tool. Knocking $5 million off the books for next year isn't going to do anything. Might as well just cut him if you want to get rid of him.

who should the pistons draft with the #1 overall pick would make for a better poll. The faster all of the people on this poll are gone the better. Why half of them are even here in the first place is a testament to how shitty our front office is.

For me its a toss up between charlie v and gordon.... gordon makes more but I thing charlie is such a liability out there in soooo many ways.... can't d up can't rebound, wont be a post player... the only thng he can do once in a while is shoit the long ball... I really hope joe can move him soon.

Let Gordon go be a 6th man somewhere else... he isn't worth anything near what he's making (Joes worst decision IMO...just ahead of extending RIP).

He's the biggest contract, and we will need his money in 2 years if we draft well. My only fear is that they amnesty one of these guys and then spend the money on another mediocre guy instead of staying under the cap for trade flexability and saving for the big time players.

food4thought said:
Let Gordon go be a 6th man somewhere else... he isn't worth anything near what he's making (Joes worst decision IMO...just ahead of extending RIP).

He's the biggest contract, and we will need his money in 2 years if we draft well. My only fear is that they amnesty one of these guys and then spend the money on another mediocre guy instead of staying under the cap for trade flexability and saving for the big time players.

At least Gordon had success before the signing. CV hasn't done a thing in the league. He even fails at growing hair.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
food4thought said:

At least Gordon had success before the signing. CV hasn't done a thing in the league. He even fails at growing hair.

Don't know that I'm down with spending an extra $3+ mil a year because Gordon was decent a few years ago.

How about a power forward who makes 8 million a year and averages less than 4 rebounds per game... You down with that?

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]How about a power forward who makes 8 million a year and averages less than 4 rebounds per game... You down with that?

Hells yeah.

Really at this point I don't think it's going to be used (on this crop of players at least). If either BG or CV tank this year and have zero trade value then it's possible they use it this offseason, but this team isn't going to be close enough to contending over the next two years where an extra $8-10 million would push them over the top. I don't see Gores just throwing away money in an effort to reach mediocrity. That's not gonna bring the fans back.

The answer is Ben Gordon, and it's really not close anymore. We have two good players in the frontcourt (Monroe and Jerebko) who are relatively cheap that allow us not to play CV and Maxiell much. Those players, while they don't contribute up to their contracts, don't make together what Gordon does. We can sit around and try to unload them without it destroying our ability to develop players or win.

Gordon is a completely different animal. For starters, his contract is year in and year out killing our cap and profitability. His contract is so large that we are FORCED to play him (unlike Max or CV who are easier to eat), and given his current production he is barely a replacement level player. He is an abysmal defender who can't create his own shot, but tries too much anyway. He's a glorified spot up shooter with no defensive value. The fact is, we are worse every minute he is on the floor, an he plays a LOT.

Still, we should amnesty him after the year ends, as he increases our odds of getting a better pick right now. But, certainly he is the worst player for the money, and the only one that we would have to work around in the draft and FA if kept (his contract would force us to keep his minutes up). Maxiell we could simply cut if we wanted the roster spot, CV we may be able to dump.

Stuckey is probably a bad contract too, but he can't be amnestied as he signed during the current CBA.

Gordon is shooting 41% from the field.. Not too shabby considering he has a rookie point guard getting him the ball. Gordon averages more assists per game than our pg. Tell me how that helps a shooting guard get into a rhythm?

Back