Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Below

deathroh

4 innings of perfect ball last night, and no baserunners allowed since he's come out of the pen, covering 7-1/3 innings.

That'd be nice if he can be solid the rest of the way and basically replace Furbush.

Funny how both he and Furbush seemed to get hit pretty well as starters, which they have been all their careers, but go to the bullpen and and do solid jobs.

If only Coke had been the same.

Below is a strange one. I hope leyland makes the right call with him.

Below has an assortment of pitches.
what was it 22 batters in a row?
or at least no runs allowed since coming out of the bullpen.
smart pitcher with a sense of what he's doing out there.

Yep, 22 batters.

Maybe with him coming out of the pen and hitters only seeing him once a game it's harder for them to get a feel for his stuff and sit on a particular pitch.

Will be interesting to see how he does after repeated uses.

Im glad that they can use him out of the pen. He is going to be a very good long reliever.

I think the kid has the stuff to be an effective starter... Maybe he wasn't quite ready to start just yet...

I think it's too early to make any judgments. Good for him, though. He'll probably earn another start at some point.

What is strange is that there wasn't a lot of hoopla about Below. I am pleasantly suprised and he and AL have been some shining points so far in the BP. Hopefully he can keep it up but he has performed above expectations.

I didn't think Below was that bad as a starter. In the first game, the defense was to blame for most of it. I also like Pauley.

I think Below will get some more chances to start. Maybe not much this year since we have JV/MAX/Porcello/FIster/Penny. Not much room for him though I would like to see him start a few more games and see less of Penny.

Back