Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

New America 20 Video

themadbomber

Did anybody spend the hour to actually watch that video?

I watched it last night, and while I don't advocate necessarily anything in it, the guy does make some interesting points.

If you didn't watch it, it's about 95% about what would happen to the economy *when* the US Dollar loses it's place as the Global Reserve Currency. Then it's about 4.5% about what investment options people could look at to fight the impending collapse, and then he spends the last couple minutes trying to sell you his journal.

Ignorning the last bit, it's a pretty interesting watch... if not overly repetitive. He probably could have cut about 15-20 minutes out of it, but he's over-explaining some basic economic principles...

Interesting watch though...

I dunno... worked for me last night. Watched the first 15-20 min on my phone, then watched the rest on the computer.

Link works for me right now...

Is that the the one about the stupid commercial that's been running all year saying shits going to happen in 2011? I assume on Jan. 1 we'll get a new commercial saying its over in 2012. I actually don't believe anyone would listen to that.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Is that the the one about the stupid commercial that's been running all year saying shits going to happen in 2011? I assume on Jan. 1 we'll get a new commercial saying its over in 2012. I actually don't believe anyone would listen to that.

Yes. The guy trots out doomsdayish scenarios and sells his 'money making method' afterwards. He's got a number of issues with the SEC and Investment Regulatory bodies.

The funniest part to me is how ose ads begin ..."one of America's wealthiest people ..."

What does his claim of wealth have to do with being "right" about macroeconomic market moves?!

Yeah I won't even say anything this guy says is true, or false. Just that it's about an hour long, and it's - for the most part - a pretty interesting video.

There is some legitimacy to his claim that *when* the US Dollar loses it's place as the GRC, that our economy will be dramatically affected. Whether or not it's anywhere close to as dramatic as he's claiming it will be, I have no idea.

The last 2-3 min where he's selling his journal, you can tune out. lol

I always wondered what the commercial was about, but assumed it had to do with selling something, so never checked out the site.

Back