Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Martinez can't catch & Peralta rested!

tycobb420

Stuck with Avila. I was worried that this would happen sometime down the line.

Jackson, Peralta, and Guillen are out tonight too.

I just don't know.

Typical leyland. This isn't a big series or anything. How soft does JL think Peralta is? He doesnt need every third game off.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Not sure I understand the first point, stuck with Avila?

I think he means he caught 14 innings yesterday. If anyone should get today off it should be Avila, not Guillen or Peralta

Maybe they're still worried about Victor's health and don't wasn't him squatting behind the plate. AA is young, he can handle it.

Glad we don't have Peralta and Guillen in the lineup. I'm so sick of this, but I saw it coming. Typical.

RE: Avila. He caught 14 innings and the Tigers don't have a 3rd catcher on the roster to guard against something like this. If Avila gets hurt tonight, maybe problems.

Guillen is no problem. He's batting like crap. And jackson isn't burning it up. Sucks not having Peralta but common for him being taken out.

I'm ok with Jackson, and so so on Guillen. I don't know that Rayburn is an upgrade but Guillen has been struggling and Rayburn has been better at the plate lately. But BOTH Guillen and Peralta? The entire middle infield? They just had an off day!

How many times a week does Leyland put out their true A lineup? 2 or 3 out of 6 or 7 games a week? Its ridiculous. And in a series like this, after an off day Monday? Come on.

Well I guess I'll give JL the benefit of the doubt and see how it plays out because he obviously is more qualified to make a major league lineup than myself. I'm really hoping for a win tonight though, we need it.

Jackson, Peralta, and Guillen were 2 for 17 last night.

2011 Peralta:
vs. KCR, CWS and MIN: 45/113 (.398), 24 RBI, 6 HR in 31 G.
In 5 G vs. CLE: 6/23 (.260), 2 RBI, 1 HR.

Santiago:
Career vs. Cleveland: 15/57 (.263) 3 RBI, 0 HR
2011 vs. Cleveland: 3/15 (.200) 0 RBI, 0 HR

Guillen needs to be benched.

He has been horseshit, worse than Raburn, worse than Sizemore, worse than Rhymes.

Give him a day off, and give him another dozen or games so to turn it around before replacing him.

As for Peralta, there has got to be some hidden injury.

If there is no hidden injury, Leyland should be fired on the spot for resting him as much as he does the catcher.

Guillen has been terrible. Peralta has not been hitting much either. I don't have a problem with either. I do question why they didn't make a move bringing up a catcher if VMart can't catch.

I'm only worried about the wear on Avila just because it seems he has been getting hit by foul balls a lot lately and caught 14 innings last night... Hopefully the young buck will prove me wrong and give us some production tonight that we desperately need.

JP is falling back to his old ways at the plate... But he really does not need a day off.. To bad VM cannot catch. But he has no legs anymore...

Peralta batting .273 in August, he's falling off a bit but not off of a cliff.

Repeat post but... Does Leyland want to get fired and just collect next year's pay?

emanresu said:
Repeat post but... Does Leyland want to get fired and just collect next year's pay?

Maybe he's actually working for the KGB and is trying to ruin America by resting Peralta?

Back