Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

FAIRLEY READY BY WEEK 1

tsmith7559

According to SI.com's Peter King, the Lions are "confident" that rookie DT Nick Fairley (foot surgery) will be ready for Week 1.
Team doctors believe a month for Fairley's stress fracture to heal should be sufficient. We won't see him during the preseason. "This gives him time to heal the right way," said coach Jim Schwartz. "And to be fully confident of everything on defense by the time he gets back." The Lions' top three tackles to open the year will be Ndamukong Suh, Corey Williams, and Sammie Hill.

I read that article as well... I would imagine he wont be very effective week 1... I hope that I am wrong

Thats good. Hopefully while he is out he works on building more strength in his upper body. Also he needs to pat attention in meetings I just hope he fall to far behind.

Why do I get the feeling he's going to play week 1, midway through the game he's going to limp off, followed by a move to the IR the next day?

he will slowly get into the rotation...maybe more reps after the bye week

Yea they will take their time I think. No need to rush him in and he wont get significant time until they are sure he is good to go.

I think the best thing that he could do, is do what Suh did (delhomme)... the same thing that they teach you to do if you ever are sent to prison... Go find the biggest baddest guy on the field and punch him square in the mouth day 1...(figuratively speaking)

The lions look like they have a mean streak that they havent had in a long time. This defense looks like they want to punch you in the mouth unlike the old times when they looked like they were ready to get ran over.

motown1958 said:
The lions look like they have a mean streak that they havent had in a long time. This defense looks like they want to punch you in the mouth unlike the old times when they looked like they were ready to get ran over.

But they sure were fast!

they were the essence of terrible. They couldnt tackle they couldnt intercept passes or create fumbles. Forget about sacking the QB. Why even put them out there besides to give me a headache. I love defense and this one is shaping up to hopefully be very good, if not great.

With Williams putting out at the same level and Hill improving, it's probably the best thing for Fairley to sit and only play minimal snaps for the first four/five games. I'm excited about him having a similar attitude as Suh but I don't "have" to see him at the beginning of the season. A year of some of these guys (Dline, safeties) and a new group of LBs playing together is gonna look like a world of difference anyways.

coel73 said:
With Williams putting out at the same level and Hill improving, it's probably the best thing for Fairley to sit and only play minimal snaps for the first four/five games. I'm excited about him having a similar attitude as Suh but I don't "have" to see him at the beginning of the season. A year of some of these guys (Dline, safeties) and a new group of LBs playing together is gonna look like a world of difference anyways.

No way. He needs to be on the field so the DT rotation can get nasty. Granted...he needs to be healthy.

DetRisin said:
coel73 said:

No way. He needs to be on the field so the DT rotation can get nasty. Granted...he needs to be healthy.

Yep, that's why I hope they don't take any chances with playing overplaying him early on. We have plenty of time to see those jokers tear it up. I think these injuries are making me skittish about guys coming back :-/

Back