Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Not Over for Ohio*

Good. They should still be investigating them.

Also, did you read that supposed "take down" of the SI writer who authored that piece on Tressel right around the time he was "retired"? a bunch of the usual brainless ohio fans are posting it all over the ESPN boards, and claiming if that "baseless hit piece" had never seen the light of day, Tressel would still be coach since he never did anything wrong. I don't know how these retards can keep forgetting about the whole "knowingly concealing NCAA violations for 8 months" thing.

I just recall a sudden influx of Ohio posters back at the old board lashing out at any and all MICHIGAN fans when the NCAA indicated it had agreed with the OSU findings on football.

They all acted as if the entire situation had been dismissed or otherwise had ended because it hadn't gotten materially worse ....

Plus, it seems as if T_Peezy didn't fill out the appropriate paperwork (seeminly impossible!) to be eligible for the NFL supplemental draft.

Perhaps there are larger -- LEGAL ISSUES -- about to surface, involving money, drug dealers and Pryor....?? Why else would he or Rosenhaus ever let the supplemental draft paperwork go incomplete?!

The only worthwhile reason to go back to the ESPN board is to stir up tUO$ fanbase with this stuff. Aaahh, the good ol' days! lol

zyxt9 said:
The only worthwhile reason to go back to the ESPN board is to stir up tUO$ fanbase with this stuff. Aaahh, the good ol' days! lol

You are so right... I still think O$U is going to get hammered by the NCAA sooner or later.. You just cannot cheat for over ten years and get a slap on the wrist. At least i hope so...

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]Ohlio basketball is next

I hope so... You just cannot get that many good players year after year...

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]
[quote="Monster ":ki8gbme7]Ohlio basketball is next

I hope so... You just cannot get that many good players year after year...[/quote:ki8gbme7]

not in the ohlio basketball program. last i checked, they weren't UNC, UK, or DUKE.

Will we know Ohio's fate today? Or is Ohio just going in front of the NCAA today and we find out later this month what the punishment is?

The meeting is today ....I think some sort of preliminary decision will have to be made in order to give Ohio* fair advance warning of the football team's potential Bowl ban, etc

onbrick247 said:
Will we know Ohio's fate today? Or is Ohio just going in front of the NCAA today and we find out later this month what the punishment is?

I think there is a 6-8 week timeline for the NCAA to release the details of their punishment.

onbrick247 said:

Well, if you go by UM's timeline from last year, they didn't find out anything at the August meeting. Nothing was revealed until early November. Then it was revealed that the NCAA accepted their self-imposed sanctions. I don't know if that means anything regarding OH*'s situation. They might find something out, they might not.

That one guy at OH* has already come out and stated that if the NCAA adds anything, he's going to do something about it, though!!!!

Some tweeter from Yahoo! has said the meeting is nothing special and unless some big news comes from it, that to expect zilch in terms of additional findings, punishment, etc

bigvic said:
Some tweeter from Yahoo! has said the meeting is nothing special and unless some big news comes from it, that to expect zilch in terms of additional findings, punishment, etc

this is just the hearing, right? my understanding - from when we had to go through this - is that it's like a court hearing, except with only one party. they get a chance to explain themselves and the record they submitted to the investigative committee, who then makes their decision based on the written record, and the hearing.

I still think that even if the hearing goes without incident, ohio could get more penalties, like a post-season ban. If it goes badly for them, then they will probably get something else, unless Delaney steps up and lobbies on their behalf, since the money to be made from this one (1) season far outweighs protecting the integrity of the sport...

I wonder if the people on the investigative committee are the same ones who handled our violations/sanctions, and if they would fault ohio for the sloppy way they've handled this, in comparison to the professional way Dave Brandon managed it for us? Kinda like having to give your presentation after the guy who knocks his out of the park... tough act to follow.

3.5 hour 'hearing' is over ...Ohio* tweeter saying, "Ohio State meeting over in a brisk 3.5 hours. Like I said this morning, Bucks in clear, NCAA charged them w little"

Back