Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OT: Broncos Fans v Tebow Fans

G

As a Broncos season ticket holder and lifelong fan (living in Michigan for a long time where the Lions were my NFC team for sure and we went to a bunch of games) I wanted to clear up a misunderstanding that the likes of Mike & Mike and Cowturd seem to be spreading....

There are BRONCOS FANS and then there are Tebow Fans and these national dopes at ESPN keep misrepresenting BRONCOS FANS by characterizing them as being 100% in support of TEBOW starting.

Patently false.

In fact, I would say of those of us who have season tickets and actually go to the games, the vast majority recognize Orton is not only better, but gives the team by far the best chance. And as fans, we do support the team, but there is hardly this obstinant, unwavering opinion that TEBOW is the Man ....not even close.

And Dear Cowturd, it's not as if BRONCOS FANS drafted Tebow, you know!? It was Josh "Fucking" McDaniels who did .....and it's not like the fans traded away Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshall or Peyton Hills ....that was Josh "Fucking" McDaniels too.

So for those of you who have only the national media to go off, please know that there really is no controversy here and no, the vast majority of BRONCOS FANS do not want Timmy to start.

Those folks would be TEBOW fans ....Bible-thumping, Jesus-loving Tebow fans who think he is the second coming.

/Rant

Yea i think your best chance to win is with Orton. Timmy is good at selling jerseys and that's about it.

And NEITHER one of them is the "future" of the franchise anyways. So why not try to win 6-8 games with Orton and a revamped defense and move on?

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Yawn.

Sorry, I figured the OT preface would suffice.

*Yawn* .... common thing to do at Ford Field over the past decade or so.

What board is this again?? who gives a fuck about the Bronco's....

Tebow did good last year in limited time.... I don't think Orton is the answer for any team ever, but Tebow on the other hand has at least shown flashes... I don't see why they wouldn't give him a shot to start their team will suck either way ;)

Tebow needs a lot of coaching up. Personally, I think he will figure it out but he needs a lot of work before giving him the starting nod. Lifelong Lions fan living in Colorado, and I will attest to the OP's thoughts concerning Tebow and Denver fans. McJoke gutted Denver's franchise.

Sucks that a good guy has to be garbage, but yeah, Tebow is garbage. Sucks for Orton too; as he will never be given the respect of most all starting quarterbacks in the league.

Mike & Mike did it again this morning -- so fucking stupid. Golic asserts that "it's clear that all the fans want Tebow but the coaching staff seems to like Orton."

That is patently and completely fucking false! The national media wants Tebow and a controversy because there's not much to talk about what with TO out of the league, OchoCinco wearing a Patriots muffler and Michael Vick not murdering dogs.

Fucking Brady Quinn is outplaying Tebow ....a guy NO BRONCOS fan wanted drafted in the 1st round last year by McDaniels.

Yet "all the fans want Tebow" ..... I hate ESPN.

Another gem from the national media ... the Broncos won FOUR games, not three ....

And Timmy seems to be FOURTH now behind -- Orton, Lady Quinn and former Gopher Adam Weber.

[i:gq7r37i0].... Tebow started the last three games and engineered an impressive comeback triumph over the Houston Texans. Trailing 17-0 at the half, Tebow went on a passing rampage, throwing for 308 yards, and scored on a 6-yard run with three minutes remaining to give Denver a 24-23 triumph, the Broncos

Can't wait until this putz (Tebow) is out of football.

Elway aint gonna have it. He's no dummy....

Yeah, from body language to vague, non-responsive comments about him since the begining ..... it's pretty clear Johnny Ballgame isn't the Tebowite that McDillhole was.

That and John is known to enjoy a Gin & Tonic or ten and was known to step out back in the day.

I did hear Tebow is owed a $6 million roster bonus in the first couple weeks of the season. No way do the Broncos pay that. He will get cut or traded. You can't have your 3rd string guy making more than your starter unless your team is owned by Al Davis.

I'd suggest putting in a call to STL and asking Joshie if he wants Timmy back ..

thehippo73 said:
I did hear Tebow is owed a $6 million roster bonus in the first couple weeks of the season. No way do the Broncos pay that. He will get cut or traded. You can't have your 3rd string guy making more than your starter unless your team is owed by Al Davis.

http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_18721489

Denver Post says Tebow has already been paid, so if he has he'll be on the roster.

In my perfect world, the Bears clean house. They then hire Millen to be Team Pres, GM, etc, and he hires McDaniels to be his head coach.

Sorry, that was OT within an already OT subject...

Of course they were going to pay him the 6m. They think he's the future.

Back