Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

All Black vs. All White All Stars

White team would win because Rodgers/Brees/Brady are so much better at QB which is a more important position. Meanwhile DBs clearly favor the black team. The special teams would favor the white team by a large margin.

White Advantages
-QB, FB, OLINE, K, P
Black Advantages
-RB, WR, DT, CB, S

Then the other positions: TE, DE, and LBs would be close. I think the DEs are a wash. While TEs are pretty close just because Vick packages only have 1 TE if that, meaning Gronk and whomever on the other team would wash. LBs are tricky but blacks take that one I would say. Overall its actually pretty close. But I think with the huge advantage at QB, Oline, and ST the white team would prevail over the more athletic and more skilled black team.

would love to see the white teams secondary....bring seahorn out of retirement?

mhughes0021 said:
would love to see the white teams secondary....bring seahorn out of retirement?

Bill Bates and John Lynch too.

Wendling?

Who would Jimmy Graham play for? NE Offense with Jimmy Graham and Gronk would be tough to stop.

All Black - Vick or Super Cam?

This would really be awesome to see. Except Team Black would have Megatron, Fitz and Andre Johnson as wideouts and cam newton would shred the crappiest Secondary ever assembled. A safety corp of Jim Leonhard and eric weddle wouldnt be horrible. But no DBs none not one. Even a combination of Belichek and Dick Lebeau couldnt make this defense able to stop those three wideouts. The offense would be pretty interesting for team white though. It would look like the patriots offense with a power running game. Gerhardt and Hillis wouldnt suck I suppose.

QB - Brady / Brees / Rodgers
RB - Hillis / Gerhardt / Tebow? / Woodhead?
FB - Kuhn
WR - Wes Welker / Jordy Nelson
TE - Graham / Gronk / Witten
OT - Jake Long / Joe Thomas
OG - Hutchinson / Snee
OC - Mangold

DE - Jared Allen / Aaron Smith
NT - Kyle Williams
OLB - Clay Matthews / Jason Babin / Conor Barwin
ILB - Brian Urlacher / Brian Cushing
CB -
S - Wendling / Leonhard
K - Every single kicker in NFL
P - Ever single punter in NFL

White Keys to Offense
-being able to use multiple TEs as WRs to create matchups problems against smaller CBs. Superior offensive line with a power running game helps control tempo keeping defense rested. Clear advantage at QB shows itself.

White keys to Defense
-Stopping the run and putting pressure on the QB that way the weak secondary is helped. Lots of zone coverage, hoping that inaccurate Vick will make mistakes. Holding black team to FGAs would be key since they would likely have to use Suh as their kicker.

Steve Gregory has played CB for the Chargers (usually a nickel) he's a honky. Weddle too. Craig Steltz had a good year at safety for the Bears since they dumped Harris on us.

DBs for team Whitey:

CB1 - E Weddle SD Chargers
CB2- S Gregory SD Chargers
SS - J Leonhard NY Jets
FS - Matt Giordano OAK Raiders

Backed up by Steltz Bears and Wendling Lions

Punt/Kick off Returner Marc Mariani Ten Titans

QB - Vick/Newton/Freeman
RB - AP/MJD/Rice/Foster
FB - V.Leach
WR - Megatron/Fitzgerald/Andre Johnson/Roddy White/V.Cruz/Steve Smith...Take your pick
TE - Finley/Gates
OT - Duane Brown / Jason Peters
OG - Jahri Evans / Carl Nicks
OC - One of the Pounceys

DE - Jason Pierre Paul / Aldon Smith
DT - Suh/Raji
OLB - Demarcus Ware / Von Miller/ Terrell Suggs/Tamba Hali
ILB - Patrick Willis / Ray Lewis
CB - Darrell Revis/ Jonathan Joseph
S - Earl Thomas / Ed Reed
K - OchoCinco/Suh
P - Reggie Hodges Cle Browns
PR/KR - Patrick Peterson/D Hester

Black Keys to Offense
-Get the run game going with supremely talented backs
-Use play action with speed/size advantage to go deep against smaller, slower DBs.
-Score TDs in the redzone, convert on 4th downs inside the opponents 40.

Black keys to Defense
-Stop the TEs using Speedy LBs with Safteys over top
-Rush the passer, rattle Brady/Brees/Rodgers
-Revis on Welker, Joseph on Nelson

Black guys by 7+ win but lack of a FG kicker makes it close.

white team wins....the black dudes at QB would turn the ball over at least 2 or 3 times.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
Steve smith desean jackson could just run straight down the field and score lol

No, the white team would take the approach of playing zone forcing the black team to have a 9+ play drive and increasing the chances of the black QBs turning the ball over. White team plays deep zone taking away big plays.

Also I think to make it fair you would have to say any player who is half white/half black equals a white player because the blacks have a much larger pool to choose from. Meaning players like Jimmy Graham and Cortland Finnegan would be on the white team.

One thing I learned from this? Packers have some talented white boys.

Also, rodgers played like shit lol

Maize&Cheese304 said:
One thing I learned from this? Packers have some talented white boys.

Also, rodgers played like shit lol

Jordy Nelson is the man. I drafted him in my FF league and some people were like, who? Did they even watch the Super Bowl? 2nd behind Megatron in FF scoring and resigned on the cheap to GB.

Jordy is the white guy who coulda had about 220yrds in the SB if he didn't have the drops lol.

Rodgers. Kuhn. Jordy. Clay. All made the all white team lol.

That game was wrong lol. Jim Leonhard and Kyle Williams being left off the white team for what reason? And why was Aaron Rodgers being outperformed by Cam Newton lol

Back