Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Now that Football is done

greenandwhite95

at least the NCAA for me, we can concentrate on our #11 ranked basketball team who has won 14 straight. I dont know about you, but im pleasantly surprised. This team is looking better every game. Appling has been on fire, Nix and Payne have surprised, Wood has been a huge addition, and Dawson is proving why he was so highly ranked. They are playing some real good ball right now, now if they can just practice on making those bunnies...

I am thrilled with how hard this team plays and that they appear mentally very tough. They had a huge character building win at Wisky Tuesday night where everything was going against them. they had every reason in the world to lose their composure with what happened with the calls and the clock in that game, but they just stuck together and gutted a win out in one of the toughest places to play in the B1G.

The sky is the limit and there is more talent in the pipeline. Izzo 3 wins away from 400, plays at Michigan 3 games from now.

johnny2x2x said:
I am thrilled with how hard this team plays and that they appear mentally very tough. They had a huge character building win at Wisky Tuesday night where everything was going against them. they had every reason in the world to lose their composure with what happened with the calls and the clock in that game, but they just stuck together and gutted a win out in one of the toughest places to play in the B1G.

The sky is the limit and there is more talent in the pipeline. Izzo 3 wins away from 400, plays at Michigan 3 games from now.

Can't wait.

I have been suprised on how well they have played. I just hope they can keep improving.

To be honest, they aren't as good as their record , but I think Izzo knows that too. As long as they keep improving they have a chance for a great seed in the Tourney and possibly a run. The mental toughness they have shown has been as good as I've seen from a Spartan team in some time. You want mentally a mentally tough team for the tourney, nothing would surprise me at this point, could be a round 2 exit, could be a Final 4 or better.

johnny2x2x said:
To be honest, they aren't as good as their record , but I think Izzo knows that too. As long as they keep improving they have a chance for a great seed in the Tourney and possibly a run. The mental toughness they have shown has been as good as I've seen from a Spartan team in some time. You want mentally a mentally tough team for the tourney, nothing would surprise me at this point, could be a round 2 exit, could be a Final 4 or better.

I would disagree with that, how our they not as good as their record? And this is coming from a Michigan fan.

[color=#551A8B said:
BestIsBest[/color]]
johnny2x2x said:

I would disagree with that, how our they not as good as their record? And this is coming from a Michigan fan.

Just my gut feeling watching them all year. They win ugly and have a way of getting other teams to shoot poorly. Not a very good inside game either and they can go ice cold from outside. The one steady thing is rebounding though, they out rebound their opponents badly, that's an Izzo hall mark.

If this team ever decides to have a consistent running game the whole Country needs to watch out, they've been great this year when they decided to push the ball. Fun team to watch because of their effort, but they are still figuring out how to play together.

Well, the Spartans certainly came to play tonight. Up 88-43 as I type, jeesh, Iowa is pretty bad, but we shot well and passed the ball extremely well tonight. 15 in a row...

Final was 95-61 and Izzo was pissed, totally sloppy last 5 minutes and Izzo was freaking out. Brandon Wood also got his first taste of Izzo's full wrath as he was talking trash to an Iowa player and Izzo called him out strongly in front of the who arena. ""WOOD WOOD WOOD! BRANDON!...SHUT YOUR MOUTH - SHUT YOUR MOUTH!" You've got to love coach Izzo,his team won by 34, but he still expected proper execution until the final whistle.

This team could be pretty good. I know they shot well tonight, but they had 25 assists ans 16 steals, that's the story of the game, good ball movement and good defense.

as i said in another thread on the Michigan board...Iowa is a strange team. At times they look like world beaters and other times they are shooting blanks.

I give credit where credit is due, and honestly I think MSU will get to at least the Elite 8 this year, and have a feeling they'll get to the final four. This team has a great makeup, and one of the best players in the B10 in Draymond.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]as i said in another thread on the Michigan board...Iowa is a strange team. At times they look like world beaters and other times they are shooting blanks.

Ha, just talked about that.

[color=#551A8B said:
BestIsBest[/color]]I give credit where credit is due, and honestly I think MSU will get to at least the Elite 8 this year, and have a feeling they'll get to the final four. This team has a great makeup, and one of the best players in the B10 in Draymond.

Still too early. We are looking great right now, but things can change. We still have some real tough road games ahead. I will feel much better if we go into AA and get a win.

Ran into a hot NW team today on the road. The defense was disturbing. Hopefully it's just a blip with a big game looming on Tuesday.

With our style, we should have won that game. They wanted it more, and played a more complete game. Maybe this is what we needed. We will now be going into AA with a B1G loss. Hopefully this motivates them Tuesday.

Idk why I put it past Izzo.. I thought they would resemble last seasons team. He's a great coach and it's rare to see that much loyalty in college athletics.

Good bounce back win today as the team really looked sharp the 2nd half. Moved the ball well and got some good looks. Brandon Dawson has several spectacular dunks and led the team with 14 points. Much better effort and execution.

400 wins for Tom Izzo.

A light has gone on in Brandon Dawson, kid had a great game.

Looking at our season, we have a pretty good one going. 3 very close road losses on the road in the B1G that could have gone either way and the 2 losses to start the season to UNC and Duke. A couple bounces and this team could be 21-2 or 20-3. 18-5 is about where they should be, still need to start shooting a little better. Appling catches some heat, but he's still just a sophomore and is just learning to play the point. He needs to handle the ball better for us to be an elite team this year.

I agree. I get pissed at Appling sometimes but then I remember that he is just a Soph. They are playing well just need to be more consistent.

Back