Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trade Rumors

zoombabyzoom

DETROIT NEWS: Ted Kulfan speculated on possible trade targets for the Red Wings by the trade deadline, listing Carolina

The Ales Hemsky rumors to Detroit continue to persist, with ESPN's Pierre LeBrun reiterating this speculation in his latest blog.

Speculation has been that the Detroit Red Wings will chase one of the Nashville Predators star defensemen next summer Ryan Suter or Shea Weber. At this point, though, the Predators are still doing everything they can to lock up both players to long-term deals. However, the Edmonton Journal

I think fits basically a lock that the wings will get either Sutter or Webber from Nashville, Those two have been mentioned countless times.

As far as signing Hemsky - I am not sure how I feel about that...he is very streaky and has a pretty large contract if I recall correctly..plus he isn't exactly young anymore either. I wouldn't be willing to give up very much to get him If I were Holland,

Honestly if Filpulla can continue to produce like he has so far I don't think that they will need to make a move to trade for a Forward at the deadline. With Dats, Z, Mule, Filp, they have 4 solid players. Hudler has been playing like he wants to be on the team next year too ( even though I still think he is gone after this year).

I see the wings focusing on D in the trade deadline

tbone413 said:
I think fits basically a lock that the wings will get either Sutter or Webber from Nashville, Those two have been mentioned countless times.

As far as signing Hemsky - I am not sure how I feel about that...he is very streaky and has a pretty large contract if I recall correctly..plus he isn't exactly young anymore either. I wouldn't be willing to give up very much to get him If I were Holland,

Honestly if Filpulla can continue to produce like he has so far I don't think that they will need to make a move to trade for a Forward at the deadline. With Dats, Z, Mule, Filp, they have 4 solid players. Hudler has been playing like he wants to be on the team next year too ( even though I still think he is gone after this year).

I see the wings focusing on D in the trade deadline

I agree. Hemsky is a pass first forward, and injury prone if I recall correctly.

Hemsky is in the last year of his contract fyi.

I would prefer to find a goal scorer and somehow move Hudler while he is hot. Say Parise for Hudler, Kindl, 1st Round Pick, and another prospect?

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]Hemsky is in the last year of his contract fyi.

I would prefer to find a goal scorer and somehow move Hudler while he is hot. Say Parise for Hudler, Kindl, 1st Round Pick, and another prospect?

What value does an expiring Hudler contract have for NJ? And why break up the Wings best line to trade a player with low trade value? Hudler is way more valuable to the Wings, while he's playing well, than as a trade piece in his final year.

Back