Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lose Worthy gain Arnett

johnny2x2x

Worthy will be a 1st round pick, I am happy for him and this is no surprise.

Arnett fills a huge need and the kid is just a special player. I cannot wait until the 2012 season to start.

Me either. It's going to suck losing worthy but Treadwell and White will do a fine job. Lots to talk about in the future.

greenandwhite95 said:
Me either. It's going to suck losing worthy but Treadwell and White will do a fine job. Lots to talk about in the future.

Don't forget about Tyler Hoover, he was a starter in 2010 and will get time at DT. James Kiteridge is the transfer that is now eligible, he's the favorite to start next to White. If White can become consistent he's shown he can be just as big of a force as Worthy. Treadwell was a starter at DT in 2010, but they think we're deep enough there that he might stay on the O line. I don't look for there to be a drop off at DL for us in 2012. Reynolds showed he can eat up blocks in the bowl game and guys like Knox and Romondo are waiting in the wings.

The only problem we'll have for our front 7 next year will be getting all the guys on the field. There are literally about 14 guys who could start for a lot of Big Ten teams competing for minutes in our front 7. Guys like Calhoun, Clemens, and Heath will absolutely demand minutes next year. Calhoun they think is going to be a stud in particular. As good as our LBs will be Jones, Hammock, and Gainer have to get some snaps, and Lawrence Thomas is being talked about as the best LB prospect Narduzzi has ever coached. The depth is very very good.

johnny2x2x said:
greenandwhite95 said:

Don't forget about Tyler Hoover, he was a starter in 2010 and will get time at DT. James Kiteridge is the transfer that is now eligible, he's the favorite to start next to White. If White can become consistent he's shown he can be just as big of a force as Worthy. Treadwell was a starter at DT in 2010, but they think we're deep enough there that he might stay on the O line. I don't look for there to be a drop off at DL for us in 2012. Reynolds showed he can eat up blocks in the bowl game and guys like Knox and Romondo are waiting in the wings.

The only problem we'll have for our front 7 next year will be getting all the guys on the field. There are literally about 14 guys who could start for a lot of Big Ten teams competing for minutes in our front 7. Guys like Calhoun, Clemens, and Heath will absolutely demand minutes next year. Calhoun they think is going to be a stud in particular. As good as our LBs will be Jones, Hammock, and Gainer have to get some snaps, and Lawrence Thomas is being talked about as the best LB prospect Narduzzi has ever coached. The depth is very very good.

Yeah, I'm kind of worried about future transfers because of the log jam on the D line. There is A LOT of talent there and many of these guys know they can probably start somewhere else. I wouldn't blame any of them if they left.

greenandwhite95 said:
I doubt they move Treadwell back to DT.

jh1spartanfan said:
greenandwhite95 said:
I doubt they move Treadwell back to DT.

You're right. He will probably remain on the O-line. We have enough depth on the D as it stands.

I really dislike losing Worthy to the draft. But, as a probably 1st/2nd round pick, I can't really fault him. He could have anchored another top 5 defense next year, but I do think we can make do without him. Gholston especially seems primed to jump into the spotlight.

I was disappointed that we weren't able to recruit Arnett in the first place. We were high on his list the whole time then he suddenly decided to move away. Sucks the reasoning for his return, but I hope he can replace some of the production we lost in Cunningham. Lord knows we are going to have a big transition losing Cousins, Cunningham, and Martin.

everyoneneedsasmil said:
I really dislike losing Worthy to the draft. But, as a probably 1st/2nd round pick, I can't really fault him. He could have anchored another top 5 defense next year, but I do think we can make do without him. Gholston especially seems primed to jump into the spotlight.

I was disappointed that we weren't able to recruit Arnett in the first place. We were high on his list the whole time then he suddenly decided to move away. Sucks the reasoning for his return, but I hope he can replace some of the production we lost in Cunningham. Lord knows we are going to have a big transition losing Cousins, Cunningham, and Martin.

We don't even know yet if Arnett will even play this year, I hope he does though because we will need him. Worthy would have a lot to lose if he came back next year. Imagine if he got hurt. He left as one of the top rated players at his position in the country and he is healthy. Good decision on his part. He will of course be missed but we do have good depth at tackle so I'm not worried.

Back