Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Rate My FF Team!

kgdetroit

Hey what do you guys think of my fantasy team? Its a 12 team league, no defense and no kickers. Starters are QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1 WR/RB/TE, 1TE. PPR league.

QB: Philip Rivers, Kyle Orton
RB: Arian Foster, Shonn Greene, Ryan Grant, Ryan Torain, Beanie Wells, Ronnie Brown
WR: Austin Miles, Brandon Lloyd, Mario Manningham, Johnny Knox, Steve Breaston, Torrie Smith
TE: Chris Cooley, Jermaine Gresham

I know I'm kind of hurting at TE but I'm sure I can find something decent on the waiver wire. This is only the 3rd year I've done fantasy football so any feedback is appreciated.

Dude, that's stacked as hell. Top tier QB, with a borderline starter as a backup. Top RB in the league last year with Greene who I think could break out, and 4 other guys who could all be useful. Miles and Lloyd aren't the sexiest of WR's, but they've put up big numbers. Yeah, TE is your weak spot, but overall I'd say you should contend for sure.

Only thing I'd think about is upgrading your #2 RB at some point, but you're definitely not hurting with all those options.

Miles will be a beast this year, he had a bad season last year and finished with 1000 yards I think. I think you need a bit of help other than him though. I wouldnt have drafted Brandon Lloyd unless you got him at a value pick. If Orton throws to him he should be fine but if not he could be useless from a fantasy asppect. Ryan Grant (if healthy is your 2nd best back which is great, if Torain starts he was very productive and Ronnie Brown could impress some folks this year. You have a solid team. Keep a look out for better wr options and te's as well. Well done.

I took Lloyd in the 5th round, at that point that was the best option at WR. I think he might be ok for a WR2, with Tebow in last year for the final 3 games his production stayed the same. Steve Smith gone from the Giants should boost Manningham's production so hopefully I'll be ok at WR, but I agree I could use some help. I also just read that Johnny Knox is looking for a trade after being demoted in Chicago so he might get a boost in value if he lands in the right spot. I'm really counting on Shonn Greene getting more carries as expected and Ryan Grant coming back strong. From all accounts he looks good and is the #1 in GB right now.

Thanks for the input guys, like I said I'm kind of a beginner and I've never played in a league with no D and no kickers so it should be interesting.

The ONLY thing I'd be worried about is that you won't get any ppr from your back that I can think of.. I cant remember how Foster is as far as that goes so I could mistaken but the rest of them look like duds in that regard. Its not a huge disadvantage to not have guys that catch the ball, but its a solid advantage if you do. (If that makes sense)

Absolutely, I hope that doesn't bite me in the ass. Last season Foster had 66 receptions for 604 yards and 2 TDs so if he can come close to that again it'll help big time.

Very good team. I wouldn't stress to much about your TE's either. Cooley gets targeted a bunch for a TE, and you really don't win or lose at that position, IMO. Did you pick 1st or 2nd, just curious.

I'd give this a 4 or 4.5 out of 5. It's a really solid team.

The only way I draft a tight end high is if I get Witten or Gates because its like having another wr in your line up. All the other te's seem to be hit or miss. Gates when healthy is one of the biggest advantages you can have in fantasy football.

Thanks Jared. I picked 1st. I passed on AP because of the O line issues there, but i had him and Foster ranked 1 and 1a really. Chris Johnson is having contract issues and Jamal Charles kinda scared me at #1. Beez I agree, I drafted my tight ends in the 15th and 16th round. Cooley was still there because of injury concerns, Gresham should have some upside this season with a rookie QB looking to check down a lot and an OC who plans to use him. There's always TE's to be found on the free agent list too.

Agree 100%..if you dont get gates or Witten in the 4th/5th round...you should wait a considerable amount of time before selecting one. Vernon Davis is a nice thought but his offensive situation scares me to jump on him.

Overall, pretty nice team. The only thing I would say, is next time if you're in a PPR league try to draft guys that get more receptions. Shonn Greene and Ryan Grant especially aren't guys who catch the ball a lot. Side note, you think you're hurting at TE, but I don't Cooley is solid in PPR league due to his high amount of receptions (except when he's injured).

I think Rivers is a solid pick. Ryan Grant, Ryan Torain, Beanie Wells, Ronnie Brown are huge injury risks. Johnny Knox, Steve Breaston, Torrie Smith might be borderline 3rd WR's. You might want to drop or trade Knox for Roy Williams or Jacoby Ford. Torain I would drop asap, and grab Carter the RB from the colts if he was not picked. Is Winslow available at TE. He and Freeman started connecting at the end of last season. With some luck you could finish in the top 3. Good luck

Roy Williams and Jacoby Ford were picked. Carter and Winslow were both picked. The picks went pretty deep as its a 12 team league and there are no kickers or D. This league is with a bunch of guys who run a fantasy football website so they know their shit, there weren't many wasted or garbage picks. Luckily the entry was free and I'm only playing for a free entry into a money league next year so if they wipe the floor with me its no big deal :)

Is the redskins back up tight end Fred Davis available? That guy was a force when cooley was out before. I actually like him better than cooley

You made smart picks of Green, Lloyd, Manningham ..... you may challenge for the title

Foster isn't going anywhere lol. Fred Davis is available, so that might be a good option. Lance Kendricks, the rookie TE for the Rams is also out there. I'm thinking he might be a decent sleeper pickup, but its gonna depend on how Josh Mcdaniels' offense utilizes him.

I liked what I saw from Greene in the first preseason game and Steve Smith going to Philly should bump Manninghams production, so then I'm looking at Breaston/Knox/Smith as a #4 WR. I'm thinking a lot is gonna ride on how Ryan Grant bounces back, that was kind of a high risk/high reward pick but he has the potential to be a low end #1/high #2 if he returns to his 09 form.

My team, a Keeper League (A. Foster)

QB - Schaub / Cutler / Campbell
RB - Foster / C. Johnson / Best / D. Thomas
WR - D. Jackson / Boldin / Marshall / Roy Williams (CHI) / M. Thomas
TE - Finley / Daniels
DEF - Giants / Texans
K - J. Brown / Mare

We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB, 1 TE, 1 DEF, and 1 Kicker. What you think?

Manningham is the biggest sleeper out there he will be a worthy #2WR this season.
Shon Greene could blow up this year.
As for TE pick up I'm assuming Jimmy Graham was taken so go get Benjamin Watson in PPR. Kendricks I like a lot for TDs might not get as many receptions though.

Shon Greene I forgot the e on the end and it is a common name sorry for the confusion.

Back