Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Fisher to be hired as the Rams coach

manchild98

Glazer says he will be shocked if it doesn't happen within the next 24-28 hours.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]That's going to be a brutal job.

why ? they have some nice pieces , they were devastated by injuries this year.

re-sign Llyod and draft Blackmon those are the 1st two steps.

I wonder if McDaniels stays ?

I don't see them being competitive for awhile. I heard a rumor McDaniels might go back to NE.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I don't see them being competitive for awhile. I heard a rumor McDaniels might go back to NE.

true , with SF ruling there for the forseeable future they're looking in tough.

but I think they can get back to respectable ( 8 - 8 ) quick.

I know Bradford is still young but the times I did see him this season, even with the crap he was playing with he seem to miss guys that were wide open. And he was touted as the accurate one. I wonder about how much their best player, Steven Jackson, has left in his tank? He'll be 29 and the past two years has carried the ball quite a bit.

Plus, I'm a bit biased I hate St. Louis :)

Maize&Cheese304 said:
Any team you don't hate besides the lions

Is there something wrong with that? I like players, not teams.

SLICK said:
just heard he was taking the Dolphins job.

When I originally posted this, the Fox crew asked Glazer...what about the Miami job and he replied...Miami has already moved on because he's taking the Rams job.

Id rather coach the Dolphins.

I prefer the running game of the Phins than the Rams. Thomas/Bush make for nice combo behind a good offensive line. Already have a couple nice WRs and the defense is young and talented. STs are even good. Just need a QB.

SLICK said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]That's going to be a brutal job.

why ? they have some nice pieces , they were devastated by injuries this year.

re-sign Llyod and draft Blackmon those are the 1st two steps.

I wonder if McDaniels stays ?

100% agreed. Get the offense in place like the lions did.

I was pretty much indifferent to the Rams as a franchise in St Louis, until they won a Superbowl, then became a little jealous of their fans, b/c the former St Louis Cardinals franchise was way worse than the Lions franchise was in the Superbowl era AND prior, that which obviously isn't very easily accomplished.

But before ESPN converted their messageboards over to the new and more "robust" format, there was some more noticeable than usual jackass Rams' troll with a SN of "outwithbulger" who often trolled the Lions board during the '10 season, calling the injured Lions QB Stafford, as being Matt "Glassford", along with insulting some other players, the franchise, and of course the usual stabs and jabs at the city and Lions fans.

So when I looked at the NFL scores and standings during this past season, I noticed the Rams often losing and winding up being bottom-feeders, thinking of how often he predicted and posted that their new rookie QB Bradford would so quickly take the team to another Superbowl appearance and win, yeah right!!

and he finally picked ...........................the Rams

Glazer vindicated.

Rams named Jeff Fisher as head coach.
Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, Fisher selected St. Louis over Miami due to the "structure" the Rams offered. They have a potential franchise QB in Sam Bradford, the No. 2 pick in the draft, and will allow Fisher have say in St. Louis' GM search. The Rams are expected to make Fisher one of the NFL's highest paid coaches. After the Oilers/Titans' move to Nashville, Fisher had the NFL's fifth highest win percentage from 1998-2008 before a falling out with management. In St. Louis, Fisher will be able to essentially handpick his front office.

Good hire for the Rams.. Now they can get BRadford some help.. Get a LT and Blackmon in the draft.. That should be TOP priority.. They can't afford to dump him for RG 3..

Back