Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

girl fans

wolverine304

Are annoying. Only when the local team is doing good do they come out. And act like a die hard fan. When they can't name 10 players or the coach.

They're worse than bandwagon fans.

Women have no place in sports besides half naked cheerleading.

That's a little strong. Lol. Some chicks love football, as much as you do.

this is so true....for the most part. I do know several that are more diehard than most men. jesndave and michlady on this board are a couple.

But yeah, the typical female sports fan is ridiculous. She'll claim "I love X team" and even go out and buy merchandise but when it comes time to watch the game, they're busy doing something else. Or if they do watch, you hear things like, "Who is that?", "What just happened?", "is that a good play?".

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]this is so true....for the most part. I do know several that are more diehard than most men. jesndave and michlady on this board are a couple.

But yeah, the typical female sports fan is ridiculous. She'll claim "I love X team" and even go out and buy merchandise but when it comes time to watch the game, they're busy doing something else. Or if they do watch, you hear things like, "Who is that?", "What just happened?", "is that a good play?".

Or my wife "they scored again" after watching a replay of the score that just happened. Lol. Yeah well, she's into baseball though so i got that gong for me.

Yeah that's true. So if michlady or jen read this, sorry.

But my facebook and twitter is filled with girls in the #steelersnation.

Why can you hate the Steelers and I can't hate the Rams?

My wife likes (or liked)

1) Hockey: She knows how the game is played, what penalties are for and for what reasons, and most of the names of the Red Wings' players since '95, and has watched many games by herself when I was @ work overnight, but that was before I became disabled in '07...we haven't been able to watch any hockey on TV here for the past several years, since she lost her last crappy job, and hasn't worked since...no longer have cable or dish, as a result, and so no NHL on Versus, we simply cannot afford it yet.

2) Basketball: She watched many games with me during the Pistons' contending seasons (and esp. championship season) of the last decade, but not much since then. Basketball, of course, is the easiest game to learn how it is played.

3) Baseball: She knows most of the rules of the game, and used to know most of the Tigers by name, now only some of the players names, but like hockey on Versus, FSN is not available with just a digital antenna...so us poorer folks get shafted when it comes to watching the Tigers during the regular season here in SE MI.

4) Football: She has watched nearly all of the Lions games with me this year, in the past it was only once in awhile, and understands somewhat more now about how the game is played, but she now knows quite a bit more about penalties, since the Lions managed to help her out in understanding them, by committing (or the refs believed they committed) nearly every one in the book, and soo many were of course, committed and/or were penalized soo many, many, many times...dlol.

No matter how much a girl watches sports, she'll never think as much as a guy does. Different strategies, scenarios.

The avg guy knows a football is basically over way before the avg girl does.

My wife would punch you in the nose and rub it in detailed M football stats from the past year...

Maize&Cheese304 said:
No matter how much a girl watches sports, she'll never think as much as a guy does. Different strategies, scenarios.

The avg guy knows a football is basically over way before the avg girl does.

Again, being short sighted.

I would add, when you get a bit older and perhaps even married to a girl, you will want her to like M football and sports overall. My wife's first sport is baseball- her Dad coached her brothers and she was in a baseball family. She doesn't care for the NBA and neither do I, but she *loves* Michigan football now and loves going to games, something we really enjoy doing together.

UTL ... Ohio* ...Broncos win over Pittsburgh last night, all amazing and glad my girl was there with me.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
Are annoying. Only when the local team is doing good do they come out. And act like a die hard fan. When they can't name 10 players or the coach.

The reason you think this, is because your acquaintance to women being fans of football is with women Packer fans, and in that case, it's true; women Packer fans are as band wagonny as any other Packers fan.

Like you.

Like "some" women, "some" men do not give one shit about sports, however, for "some" guys, it is most, if all they know to talk about when socializing, and when I was dating, if I sensed that sports were relatively low on a date or newer gf's priorities, I didn't bring the subject up much, but personally witnessed many guys trying to get themselves hooked up by using sports as an "ice breaker"...talk about miserable fail...and *facepalm*time...haha!!

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]
[quote="Maize&Cheese304":v3rlrdmg]Are annoying. Only when the local team is doing good do they come out. And act like a die hard fan. When they can't name 10 players or the coach.

The reason you think this, is because your acquaintance to women being fans of football is with women Packer fans, and in that case, it's true; women Packer fans are as band wagonny as any other Packers fan.

Like you.[/quote:v3rlrdmg]

Never really met a woman packers fan. But good try I guess.

Back