Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hi Pistons fans!!

turok

Now that the Lions have been reffed...err...I mean rubbed out of the NFL playoffs. thought that I would drop in here and see how they are doing so far in this abbreviated NBA season.

:)

Apparently not so hot, since the game threads have abruptly ceased?

???

Oh well, unlike Detroit, many fans of most NFL teams whose cities are still in it, such as Baltimore, Houston, Green Bay, and New Orleans, for example only or mostly have just their football teams to cheer about year-round, while the vast majority of us (yeah, I know very well, that not all of us are fans of every major sport or at least not every Detroit area-based professional-sports team, obviously) still have at least the Red Wings and the Tigers, both of whom are contenders.

Many of the cities who had or have a football team in the playoffs this year do not also have an NHL, NBA, or MLB teams or if they do, they aren't all doing well like Denver with the Avalanche, Rockies, and Nuggets (the last who are at least decent) Pittsburgh, that doesn't have an NBA team, but whose aging Steelers team was unceremoniously and embarrassingly tossed out of the playoffs by Tebow this afternoon, the Pirates who have been continual losers for decades, and the Penguins who are usually pretty good but right now are just barely holding onto a playoff spot by the skin of their (missing) teeth...heh!!

Green Bay has only the Packers, with its other city in Wisconsin, Milwaukee having the NBA Bucks, whose sucking sound has been continuous, ever since the early 70s. Their MLB Brewers finally reached the postseason for only the second time since the early 80s, and the franchise has never won a World Series,only playing in one once. Their fans enthusiasm and hopes for next season has been dealt a huge blow by their MVP OFer Ryan Braun's being accused of taking PEDs,and the team may very well also lose its power-hitting 1st baseman Fielder, to FA.

I could go on, and name off the rest but my point is, that there are few cities and/or states whose fans can say that they have teams at the college and professional level to root and cheer for year round, and if they do, most are not at least contenders or most often play in after-season bowls, like most of ours have who are located in Michigan/Detroit. Perhaps only Boston, New York, Dallas, and to a lesser degree, Pittsburgh, SF, Chicago, Philadelphia, and maybe GB/Milw/Wisconsin sports fans, have justifiably earned bragging rights in most types of sports, over the past couple of decades, other than Detroit/Michigan has, IMO.

:) ;)

Nice little read here, but Im just curious why posted on the Pistons board? Trying to make us feel better by saying at least we have the Lions, Tigers, Wings, Michigan, and Michigan St. all playing great while the Pistons have been on the decline?

Its kind of funny though:
Lions- 10-6, Playoff birth.
Tigers- AL Central Champs, Playoff birth, Round 1 win.
Wings- Playing great, Tied for 1st.
Michigan Football- 11 win season, Sugar Bowl win.
Michigan Basketball- Top 15, Also have top 5 recruiting class next year.
Michigan St. Football- 11 win season, Outback Bowl win.
Michigan St. Basketball- Top 10, Looking like a potential 2 or 3 seed.

And the Pistons... Well at least we have Monroe and Knight. And if we can land the #1 or #2 pick we will be back up on the rise.

Yeah, it is tough to keep up with Pistons game threads when you are (and I know that this sounds a little bad) rooting for your team to suck. It is just so unlikely to get on top otherwise. Like Best said, if we can snag a top pick in this draft, we could be a very good team in a year or two.

I am very excited about Monroe and Knight. I remember that game last year where we only played with like 6 people. and Monroe dove after a ball in like the 4th quarter when we were down and everybody looked exhausted. I had liked him before that, but after I saw him do that, I realized how much I really liked him as a player.

Hopefully all of this made sense. Just woke up
laugh.png

Back