Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Americans fear Obama's re-election

Its funny though that obama beats all of the republican frontrunners in the polls right now though. Lowapproval rating and 66% are scared of him. Yet, he is still beating them head to head. Republicans know they arent winning this year so they're loading up for 2016. Why else would they field such a weak group of hopefuls. You know you're fucked when your best chance barely beats santorum and ron paul.

tycobb420 said:
http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2012/01/09/poll-americans-2-1-fear-obamas-reelectio n

"Source: The Synovate eNation Internet poll was conducted December 29-January 2 among a national sample of 1,000 households by global market research firm Synovate."

Translation is they picked 1000 people most likely to vote republican.

A poll of only 1000 people is pretty slim to say Americans 2-1.

I found the poll amusing that is why I posted it.

Head-to-head polls are irrelevant right now. Dukakis led by 18 in August 1988. Mondale led Reagan in 1984. Carter had a mammoth lead on Ford in 1976 and won by a hair.

MI_Thumb said:
tycobb420 said:
http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2012/01/09/poll-americans-2-1-fear-obamas-reelectio n

"Source: The Synovate eNation Internet poll was conducted December 29-January 2 among a national sample of 1,000 households by global market research firm Synovate."

You can get a good representative sample with 1000. Obviously the more the better. Now I am uncertain as to the methods employed by these folks. It does not say what the ideological/partisan breakdown is of respondents is. Like I said, I found it amusing so shared it.

Yes, 1,000 people is a good representative sample of the beliefs and opinions of 312 million people, your logic is undeniable.

tycobb420 said:
MI_Thumb said:

You can get a good representative sample with 1000. Obviously the more the better. Now I am uncertain as to the methods employed by these folks. It does not say what the ideological/partisan breakdown is of respondents is. Like I said, I found it amusing so shared it.

You can get a sample, but it's pretty wild to suggest after polling 1000 people that the 2-1 ratio translates to the American people.

lionsftw said:
Yes, 1,000 people is a good representative sample of the beliefs and opinions of 312 million people, your logic is undeniable.

So is my training. Pollsters do it all the time and come up with accurate results within the margin of error. I don't know how this particular poll was sampled though. As I said, I found this amusing.

Is this some kind of joke?

16+33=49

What does the other half think? Are these the 49% that don't like Obama, or the 49% that do?

Assuming these are Republicans, 33% think he will win and don't like it while 16% think they can beat him.

JimRice said:

16+33=49

What does the other half think? Are these the 49% that don't like Obama, or the 49% that do?

Assuming these are Republicans, 33% think he will win and don't like it while 16% think they can beat him.

I did not seriously think anyone would take this poll seriously...I was surprised at some of the comments. I posted it cuz I thought it was funny.

tycobb420 said:
JimRice said:

16+33=49

I did not seriously think anyone would take this poll seriously...I was surprised at some of the comments. I posted it cuz I thought it was funny.

Ty, I think what you're missing is we're all saying we don't take it seriously.

Whether or not you meant it as a joke I'm not going to dispute, but next time maybe hint at it being a joke in the original post, and we probably would not have attacked it like someone who was posting it as a solid piece of data.

MI_Thumb said:
tycobb420 said:

Ty, I think what you're missing is we're all saying we don't take it seriously.

Whether or not you meant it as a joke I'm not going to dispute, but next time maybe hint at it being a joke in the original post, and we probably would not have attacked it like someone who was posting it as a solid piece of data.

I did try to look it up for information on its statistical sampling. Most polls will say "1000 adults, 542 Republicans, 398 men, etc etc" or something along those lines somewhere. I was honestly curious if it was a scientific poll or not. It could be, but I still found it humorous.

Great Poll where 33% fear another 4 years of Obama, 16% fear him not winning and that some how equals 66% since it was a 2-1 margin. What did the other 51% say? Oh right, a whole bunch of other things. But somehow 33% of responders fearing Obama's reelection means that "Americans, 2-1, fear Obama's reelection"

Awesome.

Back