Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2001 SI Cover

tbone413

I saw this picture online earlier today and thought it was interesting..this is the cover of SI in 2001 after the Ravens won the SB. Look at the cover, it shows Sharper shoving Colin's face into the back of his neck..No way would SI make this the cover of their magazine in today, infact I bet that play would have resulted in a fine.

Who would have thought that so much could change in a decade.

http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/ravens-diamondbacks-mickelson.jpg

Regarding Sports Illustrated issues:

"And with the 3rd pick overall of the 1989 NFL Draft, the Detroit Lions select Barry Sanders RB, Oklahoma State!!

Although the Green Bay Packers have completely owned the Lions @ Lambeau Field ever since 1991, I must post a big "Thank You" to the franchise for drafting Michigan State's Tony Mandarich one pick ahead of them in that draft....haha!!

:)

My favorite Sports Illustrated "bust" cover from the 80s (uhh...that is...outside of the "non-sports" Swimsuit Issue below it, that featured Elle MacPherson):

TonyMandarich.jpg

;)

I was praying that Barry would make it to 3. I was nervous up to that point.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I was praying that Barry would make it to 3. I was nervous up to that point.

S/B interesting to see how his son, Barry Sanders Jr, fares in college football, with Stanford, if he becomes as good as his famous Heisman-winning father, and if so, which NFL team may wind up drafting him, in 3 or much more likely, 4 years hence.

Back