Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game #9 Pistons @ Bulls

bestisbest

Pistons actually playing pretty well. Monroe beasting again with 14 and 9 already

Finally had a chance to watch a game. I really enjoyed watching us play when our first team was out there. Knight looked very good for an extremely young rookie PG, and Monroe looked good as always. Holy @#%! Maxiell! 1-12. It was terrible watching our second team out there. Daye, Bynum, Maxiell, Wallace and Wilkins shouldn't be on the court at the same time, and maybe Gordon was out there with them for a little bit too, but it was absolutely brutal. Obviously it isn't a big deal since the best thing for the franchise is to suck hardcore now and get a good draft pick, but it was just bad basketball.

But really enjoyed getting to watch Knight for a full game and I always enjoy watching Monroe play ball for us.

I love that we've decided to work with the guys that matter - and they do seem to be developing. Knight still has a ways to go, but the the talent and skill is there. He just needs better decision making and experience. Jerebko cooled a bit since his great start, but I love to watch him play - love the effort all the time. Monroe has just been great. There are times I honestly wonder, "why don't we just give him the ball every time?" He's by far the best player we have, and it seems to make sense to continue to involve such a good passer.

I do think he needs to be more aggressive when he gets the ball on the block, but that seems like something he can learn. We should start running through him like the Spurs did through Duncan. Hit him early in the shot clock even if he just immediately kicks it back out. But keep the defense honest inside if we want to give our perimeter guys better looks.

Back