Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

chiefs sign gaither

axemillen said:
http://arrowheadaddict.com/2011/08/11/teicher-chiefs-sign-former-baltimore-ravens-tackle-jared-gaither/

Really thought the lions should have brought him in

Whenever he is 100% they can put him at LT and kick Albert to the right or inside.

Good move by the Chiefs after the failed physical with Oakland. Still has potential there so it's up to his health now. Lions didn't have the cap space left for Gaither but Backus,Fox and Goz should all be ready by Week 1. Not worried yet about the Oline.

Gaither's health worried me usually when an OL starts having back issues they never get better. I know he was the hot name around that we needed for the past few years but I am glad we passed.

wheels002 said:
Gaither's health worried me usually when an OL starts having back issues they never get better. I know he was the hot name around that we needed for the past few years but I am glad we passed.

I'm not, guy has Franchise LT potential. It couldn't hurt to sign him to a small guaranteed, high incentive one year contract. If back problems persist, he's gone. If he works out, he re-signs with us for the long term knowing the system and players after a year.

to much upside and still young for someone not to roll the dice with him...I was hoping we would , but we were up against it $$$ wise.

SLICK said:
to much upside and still young for someone not to roll the dice with him...I was hoping we would , but we were up against it $$$ wise.

I thought you've been a preacher of the whole 'we can sign someone if we really want to regardless of cap situation' doctrine...

GoLions1989 said:
SLICK said:

I thought you've been a preacher of the whole 'we can sign someone if we really want to regardless of cap situation' doctrine...

I was and am...but i don't call the shots in restructuring deals.

SLICK said:
GoLions1989 said:

I was and am...but i don't call the shots in restructuring deals.

You mean we don't have any pull on the front office?
shocked.gif

Back