Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

AP Poll 11. MSU 12. U of M

johnny2x2x

Associated Press Top 25
1. Alabama
2. LSU
3. Oklahoma State
4. Oregon
5. Arkansas
6. Southern California
7. Stanford
8. Boise State
9. South Carolina
10. Wisconsin
11. Michigan State
12. Michigan
13. Baylor
14. TCU
15. Kansas State
16. Oklahoma
17. West Virginia
18. Houston
19. Georgia
20. Southern Mississippi
21. Virginia Tech
22. Clemson
23. Florida State
24. Nebraska
25. Cincinnati

Coaches had the opposite though. Can't wait to play again. 5 in a row!

Huh, Georgia 19 and VT 21 ? Before the bowls wasn't VT#11 and Georgia #16 ? Thats quite a drop for VT, considering that they were better than Georgia, well at least according to some UM fans.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
I guess houston is better than georgia then

They very well could be. I predicted Houston to beat PSU, no one else did. They have an offense that most CFB teams wouldn't be able to stop. Most people just knock them down because of the conference they play in, just like Boise State. Every now and then teams come out of these insignificant conferences and they are REALLY good. Teams like BSU, and TCU get screwed all the time because of CONFERENCE POWER RANKINGS which to me is bull shit. These teams have proved that they can handle the big boys ( Oregon, Oklahoma, Georgia ) but still get kicked to the curb because of $$$$$. I would have no problem predicting any of those teams to win a game this year outside of the top ten. Now against the top ten, those teams could hold their own in some games and maybe even win a few. I have no problem where Houston is ranked.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
Penn st was pretty bad this year. Then knocked out their only decent Qb.

I agree, they weren't that good, thats why Houston smacked them around like little bitches. PSU was still good enough to be second in their division and be ranked much of the year though. I seriously think Houston could have beaten or given a good challenge to any B1G team this year, depending on the intangibles ( Home, Away, weather ). As a conference, we weren't as good as we like to think we were.

Back