Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Raiders fire Jackson

Monster

Forum Manager
Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Sacramento Kings
Michigan Wolverines
Detroit Pistons
What the hell is wrong with the Raiders?????

They lost their QB for the year, got a guy that hasn't played football in over a year, lost their best RB, and still almost made the playoffs and THEY FIRED THEIR COACH!

unless Bill Cowher is going to Oakland, this is an absolutely STUPID move.

they want the guy from GB.

Jackson mortgaged their entire future on a QB with no arm...and he sucked.

He should've been fired for not going for two in the 4th quarter against the Lions.

mhughes0021 said:

Wasn't it the GM that made the trade?

Wow..the Raiders sure have had a revolving door @ HC since the turn of the century.

Kinda reminds me of another NFC team who has had the same policy until recently...dlol.

Maybe the whackjob Raiders FO will consider/interview the Lions' DC Gunther Cunningham (who was HC of the Chiefs '99-'00) for their vacated HC spot..haha!!

It's a bad move but I trust the new GM.. He was one of the top candidates waiting in the wings..

mhughes0021 said:

you talking about Capers?

I bet Hue Jackson is really "pissed" now and he definitely will not have to worry about being in the same "position" for next years playoff fight! LOL

michiganmania said:
I bet Hue Jackson is really "pissed" now and he definitely will not have to worry about being in the same "position" for next years playoff fight! LOL

He should and obviously deserves to be pissed, since he had only one year as their HC, and given under the circumstances that were beyond his control.

Maybe one of the Raiders division rivals should consider hiring Jackson as a coach on offense somewhere, as he obviously would have more than enough of the necessary motivation to prove the Raiders wrong for firing him

Back