Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trade deadline

biggunsbob

The Wings need some infusion for the cup push... A big defenseman and a sniper is all i ask for... Maybe some speed...LOL.. i know easier said then done but games like tonight are just disgusting. You finally tie the blues and hawks only to fall behind again tonight losing to a crapy team like the Islanders.

Ryan Suter and/or Zach Parise still make sense. Suter is going to walk in free agency anyway, and Nashville will get the most if they trade him at the deadline (especially if he promises to sign an extension with the team trading for him). Parise same deal, though obviously the cap hit would require moving a mid-sized contract in the deal at least.

I think the Wings will grab one of the two by the deadline and they will have a new contract before free agency.

Hey I heard they're considering Getzlaf/Perry based on Babs' familiarity with them. Want 'em?
tongue.png

Want 'em? Of course I'd want Getzlaf or Perry. Perry is the reigning Hart winner, and Getlaf is a star two-way center. The only issue I see with those two is the price. Because those two are signed for the next two years, Anaheim can demand a king's ransom from any team. Parise and Suter will be cheaper to deal for because they are likely to walk in FA this offseason anyway. Teams trading for them will have lower offers because of the risk that Parise or Suter don't stick around.

But certainly, if Getzlaf or Perry (or even Ryan) are on the block, we should inquire and make a reasonable offer.

Getzlaf/Perry OMG go and get them and we will make a serious cup run but the other two would be ok too. Thanks for the info guys..

Buffalo is discussing Tyler Myers plus prospects/picks for Getzlaf.

That should give you a notion of how likely we would be to acquire him. Since Myers is considered one of the best young D men in the NHL.

Just like I said, the Anaheim players would probably cost too much. It would be worth making a reasonable offer, but we would not win the bidding. Also, while Myers is good, I don't see how he could be both one of the best young D men in the league AND being offered for Getzlaf. I can't imagine that rumor has any merit, since a top D man these days is just as valuable as a top center. If Myers is really top D-man material, he would be untouchable, especially at his age and contract.

So, either Myers is not as good as claimed or that rumor came out of the Anaheim side to try getting better offers for their players (much more likely).

They were talking Parise for Hudler and two first round picks or Filppula and a lower pick on 97.1 yesterday.

kingofdetroit57 said:
They were talking Parise for Hudler and two first round picks or Filppula and a lower pick on 97.1 yesterday.

That's way to much for Parise..NJ knows that they aren't going to resign him next year. I can see the wings trading Hudler and a lower pick at the most for Parise. I honestly think if anything Kenny I'll try to add one more top 4 defenseman..I think he likes how the offense is playing right now..

tbone413 said:
kingofdetroit57 said:

That's way to much for Parise..NJ knows that they aren't going to resign him next year. I can see the wings trading Hudler and a lower pick at the most for Parise. I honestly think if anything Kenny I'll try to add one more top 4 defenseman..I think he likes how the offense is playing right now..
Agreed. I'm not as big on Hudler as others, but I was still thinking Hudler and a minor leaguer or something like that sounded more reasonable.

Considering there have been numerous reports that Parise would like to sign with the Wings anyway, I agree that Hudler and 2 firsts is too much. For one, our offense isn't even a need, so that's way too much for a luxury (even a great one). For two, Hudler has actually been quite good after his slow start. He's on pace for almost 60 points, and that's no small feat. Hudler and lower picks should be enough for a player the Devils are going to lose anyway.

Back