Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Anyone a Cop?

lostleader

Quit my job in the summer, because working 3rd shift was not working for my family. Became a stay at home dad, but want to try my dream job. I have always wanted to be a cop, I don't even care about the pay. I just want to be the guy to help people, want to make a career at that. Plus working in a drug/narcotics division would be killer. My uncle OD when I was 12 so getting back a drugs has always been a goal.

I just wondered if anyone is doing this job, what they think of it, and any training tips. I am not huge(6'4" 255#), but struggle to run the 1.5 miles in anywhere close to 12 minutes. I can do the 33 pushups in a minutes and close to the 40 sit-ups. Just wondered if you like the job, and how you prepared.

Just learn to swear a lot and hit people over the head. Being a Peace Officer is not easy.

lostleader said:
Quit my job in the summer, because working 3rd shift was not working for my family. Became a stay at home dad, but want to try my dream job. I have always wanted to be a cop, I don't even care about the pay. I just want to be the guy to help people, want to make a career at that. Plus working in a drug/narcotics division would be killer. My uncle OD when I was 12 so getting back a drugs has always been a goal.

I just wondered if anyone is doing this job, what they think of it, and any training tips. I am not huge(6'4" 255#), but struggle to run the 1.5 miles in anywhere close to 12 minutes. I can do the 33 pushups in a minutes and close to the 40 sit-ups. Just wondered if you like the job, and how you prepared.

If you have military exp. you will be welcomed with open arms. I'm not sure if there are cut backs wherever you live though. Otherwise do you're best Mahoney impression at the academy. You could always volunteer.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Btw, I think 6'4" 255 would be considered huge.

I don't know where this guy lives, but that was my first thought too.

would be a decent sized LB or TE at a B1G school...

I think gooch was or is involved in law enforcement somehow, but I haven't seen him in these parts recently. Maybe you can pm him and get his attention...

Just look up the tests that your State's cops do. Usually there are physical and non-physical tests that all cops have to pass.

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]Just look up the tests that your State's cops do. Usually there are physical and non-physical tests that all cops have to pass.

Yeah, I have done that. I have till June to work on it. Just curious if anyone had any useful information.

[color=#006400 said:

I meant not huge like this

main.php

Probably way over by the BMI standard, but not unhealthy.

lostleader said:
[color=#006400 said:

I meant not huge like this

main.php

Probably way over by the BMI standard, but not unhealthy.

I hope we don't have cops like that, lol.

You wanna knock out starches until you hit your target weight. Eat lean meats, fruits and non starchy vegetables. Knock out bread, pasta, rice and potatoes, corn and peas.

Even when you hit your target, you still restrict avoid starches, unless you're really, really training hard.

You wanna do really intense cardio workouts - like lots of sprints, with a little rest in between.

Generally, the Atkins model is a good model for type O.

Back