Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

what call was worse?

Both were rediculous, But I would have prefered the W.

The fact that Suh was fined at a later time (even WITH instant replay) was a shock though.

Suh, because I got fed up with Lions fans complaining about the CJ call at every waking moment.

Tough call cause technically the Calvin call was per the rulebook eventhough I thought the catch was completed and the ball was dropped while getting up which shoulda been deemed a 2nd act. Suhs call was bush league and just shows how many sissys we have that run the league nowadays. Pretty sure he was fined for that too which adds insult to what was already a horseshit call. Pushing too hard? Really?! Due to circumstances...Calvin catch wins.

Suh easily...it was an axtended arms, open handed shove with no one blockin the view. The Calvin call was bad but at least it was a judgement play. The Suh play was a "DONT YOU TOUCH THAT QB!" play.

CJ was a TD...dont care about the interpretation of any rules....it passed the eye test

Both calls may have cost us games. The Suh call was just insane then for Quitler to act the way he did after. It just made me hate the bears more than I already do.

Calvin non td call hands down. Bears still would have had time for a FG to win or tie(depending on the 2 pt conversion) but it was a huge call for the season and the Lions psyche early in the season.

CJ's call was the worst because at game speed it looked like a catch. Suh's hit at game speed looked like a hit to the head, which is illegal.

I think Suh's call was more BS, even though CJ's gave us an "L". CJ's catch had a gray area that could be left up to interpretation. I remember thinking to myself at the time of the play "watch those mother Fer's overturn that catch". But Suh's was complete BS, Cutler was clearly down field which no longer made him a QB...but a runner. That gave Suh every right to push him in the back to get him on the ground, which would of been totally legal if it was any RB, but because it was a QB he was fined because he used excessive force...total BS!!

lgolfer said:
CJ's call was the worst because at game speed it looked like a catch. Suh's hit at game speed looked like a hit to the head, which is illegal.

No it didnt..at least imo. His hands werent even close to his head.

Regardless of what Schwartz said, in my opinion one call cost the Lions a win, the other did not. Calvin's call was the absolute worst.

You guys also had a terrible call against Dallas where he grabbed barbers hair and got a horse collar. I dont want to call it a game changing play but it was ...well maybe it was a game changing play.

On CJ's catch, as he went to ground, he had enough time to "palm" the football IN ONE HAND...while holding onto it over and across his head and then sitting body, then setting it onto the turf OVERHAND then spinning it, and then getting up...at no time during the "process" did he lose control of, or was bobbling the football,...just a BS rule interpretation and call..but JMO.

Beez said:
You guys also had a terrible call against Dallas where he grabbed barbers hair and got a horse collar. I dont want to call it a game changing play but it was ...well maybe it was a game changing play.

Ya i probably should have included that. Doubt it woulda got much votes though cause eventhough it sucked its kinda still in the same category as the cutler play and everyone here hates cutler lol.

mhughes0021 said:
Beez said:

Ya i probably should have included that. Doubt it woulda got much votes though cause eventhough it sucked its kinda still in the same category as the cutler play and everyone here hates cutler lol.

Its kind of inbetween..I could see how a ref could mistake it for a horse collar with the guy falling back but even so its still a bad call. I'm a cowboys fan but I'm not afraid to point out when the team gets bad calls in their favor. The Cutler play was just blatantly BLOWN. He never got near his head, he shoved him and didnt punch, slap, or club him. No one was around to obscure vision...that was one of the worst calls I've seen.

Back