Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hey ?

zoombabyzoom

What is looking to be the breakdown for the Senate and House? As far as Republican vs. Democrat ?

It would be neat to see Obama have control in both and then be able to make more things happen (right or wrong) faster.

It's way too early to have much of a picture on this; that said, Obama did have control in both houses when he was elected, and the only thing that happened fairly was his losing it.

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]What is looking to be the breakdown for the Senate and House? As far as Republican vs. Democrat ?

It would be neat to see Obama have control in both and then be able to make more things happen (right or wrong) faster.

Honestly, no matter who is president, I'd probably rather split the House and Senate between control, we need to get away from the extremes and try to center better.

That said, if it came down to it, I'd still prefer Democratic control to Republican control.

MI_Thumb said:
[quote="Rich what? Richmond!":n730rjtc]What is looking to be the breakdown for the Senate and House? As far as Republican vs. Democrat ?

Honestly, no matter who is president, I'd probably rather split the House and Senate between control, we need to get away from the extremes and try to center better.

That said, if it came down to it, I'd still prefer Democratic control to Republican control.[/quote:n730rjtc]

The only thing worse than a split government is a united government.

Fortunately, in that situation, the party in power always manages to fuck things up even more than they were before, and we go back to a split government again.

Dems will make gains in Congress estimates Ive read are about 20 seats , while they will lose 5 or 6 seats in the Senate.

it's all just predictions from pundits so who knows,

I'd like to fire everyone and start fresh. This is no longer, and hasn't been for 100 years, the Constitutionally Limited Republic that was founded. I question if the majority of Americans even want that, or can even imagine it anymore.

smayschmouthfootball said:
I'd like to fire everyone and start fresh. This is no longer, and hasn't been for 100 years, the Constitutionally Limited Republic that was founded. I question if the majority of Americans even want that, or can even imagine it anymore.

Except there is nobody to start fresh from.

It's like trying to pick a jury during a nationally publicized trial, everyone will already have a pre-determined stance based on the conservative or liberal party ideals.

And nobody has the sack to work both sides of the fence for the greater good.

Based on the way things shake out now...the GOP will probably control both next year, but we will see.

MI_Thumb said:

It's like trying to pick a jury during a nationally publicized trial, everyone will already have a pre-determined stance based on the conservative or liberal party ideals.

There's you. There's me. That's a start. You think that the founders were a consensus? Not in any way.

MI_Thumb said:

There's you. There's me. That's a start. You think that the founders were a consensus? Not in any way.

I'm not talking about consensus, I mean you would be replacing everyone with virtual clones.

For every Pelosi and Boehner you toss out they would be replaced by someone who thinks just like them, the Founding Fathers constituents didn't have 230 years of party ideals fed to them on a daily basis.

MI_Thumb said:

I'm not talking about consensus, I mean you would be replacing everyone with virtual clones.

For every Pelosi and Boehner you toss out they would be replaced by someone who thinks just like them, the Founding Fathers constituents didn't have 230 years of party ideals fed to them on a daily basis.

Well, Screw It then. What Jefferson said.

good luck trying to go back the "constitutionally limited republic" the Founders laid out.

the military would lock you up in Gitmo before they let that happen.

MichChamp02 said:
good luck trying to go back the "constitutionally limited republic" the Founders laid out.

the military would lock you up in Gitmo before they let that happen.

Not the military. Rather one of the 20 some-odd intelligence agencies in the United States.

tycobb420 said:
Based on the way things shake out now...the GOP will probably control both next year, but we will see.

could happen , with 10 % approval rating of House and Senate....Repubs will lose seats in Congress , but not enough to lose control and Dems are going to lose seats in the Senate and it is possible Repubs could take control there.

Tricky thing about that 10% approval rating is that while people are fed up with the House and Senate as a whole they still routinely give their own elected officials 50%+ approval ratings. Its never really their guys, its always the others who are fucking everything up!

SLICK said:
tycobb420 said:

could happen , with 10 % approval rating of House and Senate....Repubs will lose seats in Congress , but not enough to lose control and Dems are going to lose seats in the Senate and it is possible Repubs could take control there.

If this happens get ready for the Iran war.. GOP loves them some war....

[quote="MI_Thumb":b0n5cc6b]

Well, Screw It then. What Jefferson said.

Back