Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Indiana Coach

dubbsco

Head coach completely went off and insulted the hosts for making fun of Indiana, and they dropped him from the line. Give it a listen if you are listening to the ticket, they may replay it.

Yeah. The dude is a goof. Remember how he went off when he lost to Michigan.

He is a new coach I think he was the OC at Boise or something like that. He was a total jerk. The radio guys seemed stunned here is a link

http://www.wnde.com/cc-common/mediaplayer/player.html?redir=yes&mps=zakkjack.php&mid=http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/INDIANAPOLIS-IN/WNDE-AM/Kevin%20Wi lson%20segment%20RAW%20081111.mp3?CPROG=PCAST&CPROG=RICHMEDIA&MARKET=INDIANAPOLIS-IN&NG_FORMAT=&NG_ID=&OR_NEWSFORMAT=&OWN ER=&SERVER_NAME=www.wnde.com&SITE_ID=1222&STATION_ID=WNDE-AM&TRACK=

"That guy's an ass!"

That ass just got the #1 QB recruit in the country.

And I love how they blast him after letting him off the air. It's about time coaches fire back at jackass radio personalities who try to get ratings by ridiculing them.

I gotta be honest. I've listened to the podcast twice. I'm not too sure what they said that was THAT awful. When you are a coach, you gotta deal with criticism. That's part of the job. Before he came on, they made a joke or two, and it wasn't that bad. He blew up on them kind of out of the blue, and then the host fired back when Wilson was a dick head.

I didn't think they were that bad, either. It sounded like the coach is overwhelmed with everything he has to get done and didn't want to do the interview to begin with.

Exactly my thoughts GoBlue. I think after he made his initial assault, they tried to be cool with him, and he just kept going on about media and how much they suck. I'm siding with the hosts, even though I wish they would have kept him on longer. Wilson was WAY out of line. If you are an average person like myself, you can blast radio hosts and that's fine. But when you are in a place of power like Wilson, you need to walk the line, as lame as it may be. Boosters don't want to support a guy who has a meltdown over a few insignificant cracks. What happens when Indiana starts 0-4 and the media starts blasting him at the podium? He's going to have a stroke.

Back