Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

why didn't god make Tebow win?

Michchamp

I just don't understand this. on one side, you have Tom Brady who committed the grave sin of having a child out of wedlock, and his coach who once cheated by spying on other teams' signals. Neither of them ever credit god for their successes. and on the other... Tim Tebow, a holy virgin who never cheats, always prays to god for divine inspiration and credits the Lord for his success.

Yet it was Tebow and his team that went out Saturday and got SLAPPED LIKE A BUNCH OF BITCHES...

WHY GOD, WHY????

God likes to torture the shit out of good people. He likes to put them through the ringer. Or he doesn't care at all about the outcomes of sporting events. Or he doesn't exist.

You should read the Bible.

Did Jesus beat the Jewish High Priests or the Roman Army?

Fuck no, he didn't.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]God hates the Lions.

If He hates the Lions, then He must truly loathe the Cubs...
and the Indians...hell...He must despise all of Cleveland's sports teams and the whole damned metro area to boot...dlol.
The "real" "Native Americans" too...
and He obviously has had a Hades hard-on for the Haitians.

The Cleveland sports thing could be true.

Even with a loss Tebow gives credit to God, and took the high road in his presser. Probably a lesson in there somewhere for the kids to see.

manchild98 said:
God likes to torture the shit out of good people. He likes to put them through the ringer. Or he doesn't care at all about the outcomes of sporting events. Or he doesn't exist.

Blasphemy. You shall be DAMNED!

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
manchild98 said:

How is this blasphemy? The Bible is full of stories of God chastising his favorites, from Job to Isaac to Abraham to David to Moses to Jesus H. Christ himself.

Tebow's fucking up is only PROOF that God exists, and screwing around his most loyal followers is his MO.

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]
[quote="Mitch":z0oj0x5o]

How is this blasphemy? The Bible is full of stories of God chastising his favorites, from Job to Isaac to Abraham to David to Moses to Jesus H. Christ himself.

Tebow's fucking up is only PROOF that God exists, and screwing around his most loyal followers is his MO.[/quote:z0oj0x5o]

The Devil messed with Job, God only allowed it to prove his point. God knew Job wouldn't break. What did God do to Abraham but promise him his decedents would out number the grains of sand?

Moses's only down fall was the people who wouldn't obey God. The were warned that unless they submitted to him the people of that generation would not see the promise land.

The lord himself submitted and completed the work his father set up for him. He asked to remove the cup of sorrow, if possible. But stated "your will be done".

What did God do to Abraham but promise him his decedents would out number the grains of sand?

Oh, I don't know, perhaps it was the fact that God commanded Abraham to kill his own son, and then intervened when He saw that Abraham was actually going to do it. Which then resulted in the outcome you mentioned.

The option here is not to pay attention to Tebow, but people seem drawn to him and then they complain about it.

smayschmouthfootball said:
What did God do to Abraham but promise him his decedents would out number the grains of sand?

Oh, I don't know, perhaps it was the fact that God commanded Abraham to kill his own son, and then intervened when He saw that Abraham was actually going to do it. Which then resulted in the outcome you mentioned.

Abraham, had the option not to sacrifice his son. He did and was rewarded greatly for it. I don't know why it was played out like that, but who am I to question his methodology.

Who needs Sunday school when you have these knuckleheads here?

Gesundheit!!

lostleader said:

Abraham, had the option not to sacrifice his son. He did and was rewarded greatly for it. I don't know why it was played out like that, but who am I to question his methodology.

Abraham didn't think so. God gave him no choice. It's a gut-wrenching story and a type that foreshadows God's willingness to sacrifice his own Son. That's why it played out like that: To illustrate the pain that God felt over Jesus' fulfilling of his purpose.

lostleader said:

Isaac is dead?

Back