Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

madden/ncaa wr tips?

wolverine304

Anyone have tips on how to throw to your outside wrs? They're usually your best wr but I have the hardest times completing passes to them.

Either the corner or safety is usually there to knock it away.

Most of my passing goes to the te, slot wr, and I love screen passes to the rb.

I usually watch to see which is in double team and throw the other guy. Its not like years ago when you could easily score with Randy Moss because he'd be 5 yards ahead of everyone.

But I think if you mix your play calling up so the AI doesn't get a fix. Audibles work well to. Gotta read the defense. This goes for Madden.

I do audible a lot because I run a lot of draws and screens.

Another thing is, when a wr has a step on the db. The ball is underthrown. Happens so much. Half the reason why I don't even try going deep. No matter what I do. Hold in the button, tap it, push up. Almost always short.

I play with the eagles a lot and cooper will usually have more yards than maclin or jackson

I just throw it with a lot of loft and have the wideout go it. Or line drive it in there 10 yards down field before they get safety help and my guy will grab it and get big gains from that.

I lot of Deep Outs/Ins work well for your outside WRs, if your QB has a good throwing power rating. Slants will always work as well. If the AI is in man coverage hooks work well, and Corner routes demolish Cover 2.

As far as trying to throw it deep, you have to recgonize that your WR will get a step on the CB. If you wait till he has his full step you your QB won't have enough arm strength to lead him properly. So if you see the safety that usually helps over the top of your #1 WR try to blitz or what not make the throw sooner.

Like Mitch said, least for Madden you have to read the defense before the snap or 1 second into the play. Then once you know if it is Cover 1, Man, Cover 2, or Cover 3, etc. you make the correct throw. If you don't know how to read that presnap let me know I can tell you how.

Back