Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Paula Deen & diabetes

Michchamp

Hey Tinsel, what do you think about this one?

Lardass Southern cook gets diabetes after a lifetime of eating like a pig, keeps the announcement on the DL for 2 years, during which time, she continues the show without any word to her viewers, THEN she inks a high profile deal to be a spokeswoman for a drug company and ONLY THEN does she announce she is diabetic, and her announcement is used to launch a drug marketing campaign.

smart businesswoman eh?

Erin Burnett and Maria Bartiromo should interview her. they could ceremoniously throw all their ethics out the window, then smear themselves in lard and roll in piles of money.

I never wish ill on anyone - well, I can't exactly say that, I normally don't wish ill on people, especially those as inconsequential as Paula Dean (although there are those who believe that Paula Dean is not inconsequential, and not in a positive way) -

That said -

when I heard the news that she was diabetic...my face couldn't help but take the shape of a slight grin, at the irony...

In spite of myself.

Funny thing is, I'm a foodie - I like the cooking channel; I love gourmet food - but I don't cook, barely at all.

A person can be a foodie without being a glutton.

Oh, by the way, I've heard right wing radio commentators actually call Erin a "big lefty" - I guess because 1) she went to CNN and 2) she did refer to Bush once as a monkey (she was comparing him to the more conservative - meaning more conservative than the French typically elect - President Sarkozy as a clip of those two presidents walking together on some leadership summit or something was being shown on the the radical leftist Joe Scarborough show on MSNBC).

Donald Trump is on the record as having had "little use" for George Bush.

So I guess he's a big lefty too, just like Erin.

Although to my knowledge, Trump never referred to Bush as a monkey.

MichChamp02 said:
Hey Tinsel, what do you think about this one?

Lardass Southern cook gets diabetes after a lifetime of eating like a pig, keeps the announcement on the DL for 2 years, during which time, she continues the show without any word to her viewers, THEN she inks a high profile deal to be a spokeswoman for a drug company and ONLY THEN does she announce she is diabetic, and her announcement is used to launch a drug marketing campaign.

smart businesswoman eh?

Erin Burnett and Maria Bartiromo should interview her. they could ceremoniously throw all their ethics out the window, then smear themselves in lard and roll in piles of money.

i would pay well to see that.

Back