Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OT This Just In:

specialteams

Tom Brady actually doesn't possess any talent. Belicheck just has the ability to make mediocre late-round/undrafted QBs from Michigan campuses into superstars.

In all seriousness though, Hoyers looking good, even against a terrible Seahawks team. Whenever I've seen him in the past he's played well also. People seem to overlook him when talking about trading for Matt Flynn, Caleb Hayne, etc.

My mistake, I have the Seahawks game on TV and was watching a stream of the NE game online. This is the first time I've ever really watched preseason games, I really just wanted to watch Tebow vs. Himself

If anyone could do Brady's job, he'd be out and Hoyer would be the QB. Brady's the best QB in the league right with Rivers, Rodgers, and Manning a close second.

bonkers1322 said:
Rodgers and Manning yes. Rivers no. He hasn't proved he can win big games yet

Overrated. Rivers is a hell of a QB.

Gotta go with Peyton unless his wheels fall off this season. I don't think it ever mattered who was on the OL after his rookie season and this dude is more responsible (for whether he gets sacked or not) than any other quarterback I have ever seen. I hate watching the colts play because he takes so fucking long reading the defense and changing plays on the fly, but that's what's so great about him.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
bonkers1322 said:
Rodgers and Manning yes. Rivers no. He hasn't proved he can win big games yet

Overrated. Rivers is a hell of a QB.

man we keep butting heads....

uhh so is Tom Brady who has won multiple Superbowls and MVP's on a lot less talented teams than he deserves. He made Deion Branch look like a stud, he's rarely had a reliable running, and the fact that BB is his coach is probably one of the most overrated factors in history. He is a great coach but c'mon. Not only was Tom Brady a great qb before he had weapons but once he got one (moss) he had one of the greatest seasons ever. Tom Brady (age aside) is the best qb in the league with Manning being the only arguement that would give someone a leg to stand on.

Where are Brady's harrisons, Waynes, Clarkes, Addais, Edge's, Donald Drivers, Greg jennings, Gates', Vincent jacksons, etc... this guy has had Troy Brown, Deion Branch,kevin faulk, a slew of old rb's, and finally got Moss. Give this guy #1 wr/rb talent and he'd be even more dominant.

Sorry I know I kind of belittled welker but as talented as he is, I dont think he would be the player he is now out of that system. I still think hes a good wr but as a #1 option...not a chance. I like the guy though.

See with that argument I could just put out Matt Cassel who won many games with the same team.

And I brought Rivers up because someone mentioned him not winning the big game, so chill ;-) . Marino never won the big game and he's in the hall. I didn't say Brady wasn't good.

When Mallet can come in and light it up with 2 weeks of training camp....you know the system is atleast part of it. If Mallet gets a chance down the road he could end up being the steal of the draft.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]See with that argument I could just put out Matt Cassel who won many games with the same team.

And I brought Rivers up because someone mentioned him not winning the big game, so chill ;-) . Marino never won the big game and he's in the hall. I didn't say Brady wasn't good.

Cassel's schedule was cake that year as well...Not to mention it's not like tom Brady is "managing the game"..he's the reason they're winning it. I meant to quote where you said you'd take Rodgers, Manning and Rivers over Brady.

New England does have a great system in place. I would say a very accurate QB would do well there.

Beez said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]See with that argument I could just put out Matt Cassel who won many games with the same team.

Cassel's schedule was cake that year as well...Not to mention it's not like tom Brady is "managing the game"..he's the reason they're winning it. I meant to quote where you said you'd take Rodgers, Manning and Rivers over Brady.

Im sure im not the only one. I think Barry and Walter were the best I've watched. But others say Enmitt, like that could be true. The point, we all have different opinions.

Beez said:
[color=#006400 said:

To add to this,

Cassel also did quite well in KC last season. It's not just the system, if it was Cassel would've failed miserably.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
Beez said:

Im sure im not the only one. I think Barry and Walter were the best I've watched. But others say Enmitt, like that could be true. The point, we all have different opinions.

Right I'm just saying I think it's crazy to think anyone but Manning is better than Brady after what he's done and as long as he's done it with the pieces he's had. I dont even argue with people who say Barry was better than Emmitt..it's obvious Barry was a superior athlete and had a skill set few if any have ever had. I will say I think Emmitt was a smarter back as Barry lost the most yardage in NFL history. Emmitt was one of the toughest SOB's ever as well, playing with casts n sprained ankles on what seemed like a weekly basis for awhile. The ONLY thing I hate to hear is how great Dallas' line was and how shitty Detroits was. Dallas got a lot of those lineman when no one else would give them a job. Having a HOF rb and qb can make a line look a lot better than they are as well. (Obviously I'm not saying they werent very good but I think people try to take away from Emmitt and Aikman in this regard)... The lions line may have been average but NO ONE could block for Barry Sanders. That guy probably changed directions more than anyone in history. You'd need eyes in the back of your helmet or a rearview mirror at least. He would reverse field even if 1 person missed a block. Sometimes it was a hr and sometimes it was a strike out. needless to say he hit a lot of home runs in his day.

Brady = Montana Peyton = Elway or Marino Rodgers = Montana early in his career.

I don't see how anyone calls Brady overrated. IMO, it's just being a hater unless you root for a rival. Then it's perfectly understandable.

Back