Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Joe Dumars Did you see Mr Big Shot

biggunsbob

He hit another winner last night.. How CB did not retire a Piston is grounds for being fired right there...What a debacle.

Yeah, that trade hurt us, but when watching CB the last 2 years or so with the Pistons, he didn't seem to really be trying, especially on defense. The Pistons seemed a bit stagnant at the time, and there wasn't a chance of us winning it all with that same team, IMO.

But I do miss CB, and AI was just terrible for us, and he obviously didn't handle things well at all.

CB is shooting under 35% this year. I'm not sure exactly how much he is adding to that Clippers team right now, but I'm still rooting for him. He will always be one of the number 1 Pistons in my book.

His jersey will still be retired as a Piston IMO along with Ben Wallace. Rip and Tay possibly..

But I'm happy for him that he dosen't have to waste the tail end of his career on a losing team, instead he has another shot at a championship.

I am happy for him too but we were all singing Joe D's praises for many years and I am grateful for the one championship he got us in 2004 running this club but he probably cost us a chance at a few more with lossy decisions. Come on Joe.... Wade was available among other's...

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]I am happy for him too but we were all singing Joe D's praises for many years and I am grateful for the one championship he got us in 2004 running this club but he probably cost us a chance at a few more with lossy decisions. Come on Joe.... Wade was available among other's...

I'm not defending Joe's recent signings and recent GMing, but it is so hard to get a good big guy, and pretty much every GM said they would have taken Darko as well. (I'm assuming that's what you were referring to) Darko was such a stud back home and wasn't one of the foreign bigs that wasn't scared to go in the post. For some reason his game just didn't translate to the NBA.

I'm not sure what the Pistons will do with Joe. I guess they will give him one more opportunity with this little rebuilding project he has going, and if it fails, then he will "step down."

jmakula87 said:
[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]I am happy for him too but we were all singing Joe D's praises for many years and I am grateful for the one championship he got us in 2004 running this club but he probably cost us a chance at a few more with lossy decisions. Come on Joe.... Wade was available among other's...

I'm not defending Joe's recent signings and recent GMing, but it is so hard to get a good big guy, and pretty much every GM said they would have taken Darko as well. (I'm assuming that's what you were referring to) Darko was such a stud back home and wasn't one of the foreign bigs that wasn't scared to go in the post. For some reason his game just didn't translate to the NBA.

I'm not sure what the Pistons will do with Joe. I guess they will give him one more opportunity with this little rebuilding project he has going, and if it fails, then he will "step down."

I know you are right... I read all the info on Darko and we all assumed we would take him.. I guess that is the difference between the Wings and the Piston's... Better scouting I guess. Or maybe it was bad luck losing to the Spur's and losing those other eastern conference finals.. man we were so close to being a dynasty... I mean a player or two away from multiple championship.. I probably should not bash JD to much.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]
jmakula87 said:

I know you are right... I read all the info on Darko and we all assumed we would take him.. I guess that is the difference between the Wings and the Piston's... Better scouting I guess. Or maybe it was bad luck losing to the Spur's and losing those other eastern conference finals.. man we were so close to being a dynasty... I mean a player or two away from multiple championship.. I probably should not bash JD to much.

Lol, it's extremely tough not to. If we had Melo or Wade instead of Darko, who knows what could have happened! And JD's case isn't helped with the last few years of terrrrrrrrrrible signings. We definitely should have won 2 championships. At least the Pistons have a couple young bright spots on the team, and maybe hit it big this year in the draft, and we could be back at the top before we know it
cool.png

Back