Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Marty ( Gimme The Wind ) Morningwheg a HC Again ?

lions2011

Seems this lump is getting some traction for another HC gig....has a interview with the Raiders this weekend and rumor is the Colts wanna have a word with him.

he sure was a clusterfuck here...but he got thrown into a real bad situation...Millen saddled him with Joey. :-/

Definitely got thrust into a bad situation, but anyone who takes the wind wouldn't be on my short list. Some guys just shouldn't be head coaches....guess we'll see....

The best part was taking the wind actually would have worked. They were kicking a 50+ yard fg until he accepted a holding penalty on 3rd down which they promptly completed for 20+ yards. The kick just snuck in the uprights. Still bonehead call.

SLICK said:
Seems this lump is getting some traction for another HC gig....has a interview with the Raiders this weekend and rumor is the Colts wanna have a word with him.

he sure was a clusterfuck here...but he got thrown into a real bad situation...Millen saddled him with Joey. :-/

Gimme the wind. Greatest bonehead call of all time. And i think we were swittling at your joint for that one, sir..no?

Anyone remember the way it ended in regulation? The defense getting torn up as they gave up a tying TD. So the defense is exhausted, couldn't stop anyone so you decide to give the ball to the other team. Way to go fat fk.

tonyballs said:
SLICK said:

Gimme the wind. Greatest bonehead call of all time. And i think we were swittling at your joint for that one, sir..no?

you Sir are correct....

SLICK said:

he hasn't exactly done anything to improve his stock.

the Eagles were a train wreck. Vick had a good year, they got rid of Kolb, and then they went back to sucking on offense.

I forgot that Millen fired Gary Moeller, the only Lions coach with a winning record going back to 1972, to hire Morningwheg in '01.

goddamn, Millen was fucking stupid. You couldn't make as many bad decisions as he did if you flipped a coin to decide

"The bar is high"

or, maybe falling off of their stools.

and, its spelt Mornhinweg.

Back