Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Touchpad "app" for laptops

turok

I no longer own a laptop, ever since my last one bit the electronic dust a couple of years ago.I got my money's worth out of it though,and was able to use it even after the hard-drive failed, by running it with a Linux Live CD that had a very light footprint and used only physical memory.It was an ancient and reconditioned IBM Thinkpad ca '00, that I paid $300 for, and it was a bit before IBM sold off their laptop division to the Chinese (Lenovo).

Anyway, I was browsing the Google Code Projects database/repository, and came across this little piece of software that I thought perhaps some of our laptop-using members might find useful in downloading, b/c its main function is to disable the touchpad temporarily when typing, in order to prevent brushing against the touchpad and possibly partly deleting or messing up what has been typed so far. I do not know if this feature is available on new or newer laptops running Windows XP, (dunno if it also works on Vista or 7) but if not, below is the link to download it, if anyone is interested:

touchfreeze

Most laptops now come with a button to freeze the touch pad, or at least i assume they do since mine is a year old and pretty cheap and it has one.

On my laptop brushing the touch pad does nothing but move the cursor. I can still type fine. Now if I press down on the rectangle button after brushing the touch pad but who does that ;-).

Back