Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

South Carolina history

tycobb420

This was the 9th SC Primary. The first eight times, the winner has been the GOP nominee. Three times, incumbents ran, so in reality, the state has picked the nom five times. One thing to note, had the state had a primary in '76, Reagan would have won and not been the nominee.

1980-Reagan
1984- Reagan (incumbent)
1988- Bush
1992- Bush (incumbent)
1996-Dole
2000- Bush
2004- Bush (Incumbent)
2008- McCain
2012- Gingrich

yeah, I read that somewhere else. may be more or less a coincidence, but to the extent south carolinians have a say in anything, it's a sad commentary on our nation, and an ominous sign for the future.

Coincidence, if not for Myrtle Beach and vacation condo's, and golf courses, hardly anyone's ever heard of South Carolina.

I'm sure people aren't saying "Well, damn, South Carolina picked him, good enough for me!".

Back