Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

How Many Think Steve Tyler is a Classical Singer?

tinselwolverine

Because he sang in a classic rock band?

This isn't a poll, or anything, I was just amused by the thought when sang the national anthem today.

Now, Kristen Chenowith is a classically trained singer...

And she did pretty well, although I was a little disappointed with some of her phrasing choises; beyond that, she didn't seem really fluid until the final stanzas.

Plus I always hate when anybody jumps to the tonic on "free" - completely takes away from the dramatic resolution from the dominant.

But maybe that's just me.

No, that's just ridiculous. He's a frontman for a classic rock band. That is all.

Either this is a joke, not very funny, or yo don't know what classic means..

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Either this is a joke, not very funny, or yo don't know what classic means..

Is this three choices, or any combination of two of three?

Yo!

Tyler is what...63 years old?

Even if he was a classically trained singer, he would now have trouble sounding very good, and that isn't even taking into consideration his decades of being a heavy drug abuser when he was much younger as well.

Turok said:
Tyler is what...63 years old?

Even if he was a classically trained singer, he would now have trouble sounding very good, and that isn't even taking into consideration his decades of being a heavy drug abuser when he was much younger as well.

agree. the guy was a mess for an entire decade; now he looks awful, and sounds worse.

wonder what he'd look like without all the surgery, hair extensions, & makeup? probably like a person who's been dead for 20 years.

I don't think Tyler was ever classically trained. I think I've heard/read that Jagger had some classical training, and I'm pretty positive that Paul McCartney did too.

Tyler sounded about the way I would have expected him to sound - screaming just like he screamed pretty much throughout his entire career as a rock singer.

If you don't want Steve Tyler to scream the national anthem, then don't have him sing the national anthem, I guess.

Aerosmith is one of the best rock and roll band of all times. Hands down....

tonyballs said:

I saw them twice. The first time was one of the best concerts I ever attended, Joe Louis Arena. The second time, I forget where, also rocked but I got there a bit late so I missed some good stuff.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
tonyballs said:

I saw them twice. The first time was one of the best concerts I ever attended, Joe Louis Arena. The second time, I forget where, also rocked but I got there a bit late so I missed some good stuff.

You don't remember where?

Do you still have any of whatever that stuff was left?

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]
[quote="Mitch":eek:v5id38q]

You don't remember where?

Do you still have any of whatever that stuff was left?[/quote:eek:v5id38q]

Yeah dude, it was 30 years ago. I don't remember every concerts location.

Back