Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

ONE of my favorite Michigan moments.

Mitchrapp

Northern Michigan Wildcats
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Watch Woolfolk, the play before the play. I was 13-14 and was watching on TV so it was exciting. Oh and Bob Ufer makes the greatest call ever.

[flash=350,287:7l1dxnxj]http://www.youtube.com/v/AEF6edfexco&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:7l1dxnxj]
</td><td valign="top">
<iframe src="http://images.proboards.com/banners/300x250_14.html" width="300" height="250" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
</td></tr></table>

My favorite play that I have ever seen at a game I was attending. We went absolutely crazy in the stands. It was homecoming - stayed up all night making a float the night before, saw a Pablo Cruise concert in the evening, and attended the midnight showing of the Rockie Horror Picture Show. In those days, people got seriously into Rocky Horror. Stayed up for about 50 hours straight. Those were the days. Now I'd be happy to last past 11:00 PM on a night when there is no Tiger game to watch. Heh Heh :*)

I really wish I would have been around for the Anthony Carter Era.

"they aren't even going to try the xtra point! Who cares? Who gives a damn!?"

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]I really wish I would have been around for the Anthony Carter Era.

"they aren't even going to try the xtra point! Who cares? Who gives a damn!?"

And his cracking voice. I've never heard an announcer get that excited my whole life. Its freakin' awesome.

I still love wTching tbat and listening to ufer

It is one of tve five sound clips they have on the ufer site

That offense could strike like lighting. That play was better than the last second win against Penn St.

IU a coming power in the Big 10? LOL.

[quote author=admin board=wolverines thread=369 post=7926 time=1313173727]I really wish I would have been around for the Anthony Carter Era.

AC was my idol when I was a kid. The cool thing was that when he graduated he played for the Michigan Panthers of the USFL, so I got to root for him for a few more years.

Man Michigan has so many great Highlights.. I have been alive since 1961 and started watching Michigan around 1969 and 1970..I just have vague memories of 1968... But we feel terrible when Michigan loses and there is no feeling like a Michigan win. I Mean I love watching the Tigers, Lions, Pistons, and Red Wings and it feels fantastic when they win titles and games... But every win for Michigan football (and other Michigan teams) is special to me... I have only been to the Big House 7 times and I feel like a kid every time i go there...

November 13th. 1976. Michigan 38 Illinois 7 (8th grade my first time ever at the stadium).
November 13th. 2004. Michigan 42 N.Western 20. (First year back in Michigan since 1987).
October 8th 2005. Minnesota 23 Michigan 20. ( Damn it).
October 28th 2006. Michigan 17 N.Western 3.
September 15th 2007 Michigan 38 ND 0. (Beating ND feels real nice).
September 27th 2008 Michigan 27 Wisconsin 25 (what a comeback).
September 12th 2009 Michigan 38 ND 34. (Won tickets on radio show took my daughter).

I just get giddy every-time U go to a Michigan game period. It is such a great feeling when they win...

I was lucky to go to 3 bowl games. I saw MSU beat USU 20-17 in the Rose bowl.. I felt great for my wife and Father-in-law. The very next year I was lucky to see Michigan beat USC 22-14 in the Rose bowl on a great second half comeback. Then in 1994 I saw Michigan beat CSU in the Holiday Bowl 24-14...It feels so good win Michigan wins....Thanks for posting the highlights...

rumseyhouse77 said:
That offense could strike like lighting. That play was better than the last second win against Penn St.

was that when corso was there?

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
rumseyhouse77 said:

was that when corso was there?

Pretty sure it was him....LOL... he sure looked mad when the Michigan player threw the ball out of bounds...

michlady77 said:
Yes that was corso
I think his dislikeof mich is all due to that play

That's when he came up with, "Not so fast, my friend!"

Except it didn't work, of course.

[flash=350,287:g4oyyhak]http://www.youtube.com/v/-llh0HpBnxQ&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:g4oyyhak]
</td><td valign="top">
<iframe src="http://images.proboards.com/banners/300x250_14.html" width="300" height="250" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
</td></tr></table>​

That was a gutsy call. Also, notice we threw from a two TE I-formation; Howard was the only receiver on the play, AND he was double covered, even though it was 4th and 1. Such a great play.

michlady77 said:
Yes that was corso
I think his dislikeof mich is all due to that play

I remember he was asked about catching the ball there, and he said "I should've eaten it" or something like that, hahaha.

MichChamp02 said:
[flash=350,287:u20n03j6]http://www.youtube.com/v/-llh0HpBnxQ&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:u20n03j6]​

That was a gutsy call. Also, notice we threw from a two TE I-formation; Howard was the only receiver on the play, AND he was double covered, even though it was 4th and 1. Such a great play.

My Freshman year, first game as a student ...Desmond dove right in front of us and we went absolutely bananas!!!!!

Back