Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

shame

Michchamp

SO... a couple weeks ago, I was out on a date with a girl who was more of a prude than I realized at the time.

the movie we planned to see - Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy - was sold out. This being an artsier theatre, there was not a lot of mainstream fair there. one option was "A Dangerous Method" which I heard was boring... the other was "Shame" the NC-17 flick about a sex-addict thirty something living in NYC.

She said she didn't care what we saw, so I picked the latter, figuring at least it would be interesting... and it was. But man OH man, were there some fucked up scenes.

the girl refused to see me again though. prude.

Next time slip a little Rohypnol into her Icee, make that $12 movie ticket worth it!

on her facebook profile, she described herself as "very liberal." I want to send her a snotty email, telling her she's a little more to the right of rick santorum when it comes to social issues. prudes never want to actually be known as prudes.

but... it's not worth it. I'm over it.

As first date fare an art house flick about sex addiction may have sent garbled messages to even the most liberal viewer. Obviously there was some miss communication: you trying to provide some interesting content for the evening and her thinking your Travis Bickle from Taxi Driver. If it was worth it I would explain how thing actually went down rather then rag the chick out.

cheeno said:
As first date fare an art house flick about sex addiction may have sent garbled messages to even the most liberal viewer. Obviously there was some miss communication: you trying to provide some interesting content for the evening and her thinking your Travis Bickle from Taxi Driver. If it was worth it I would explain how thing actually went down rather then rag the chick out.

ha, I thought of Taxi Driver afterward too. maybe I can win her back by storming a cathouse to rescue a teen runaway, and killing her pimp?

wasn't our first date though. and I had no idea the movie would be THAT bleak. I mean... I figured, "ok, a couple sex scenes, and then the guy gets help." Nope.

cheeno said:
... If it was worth it I would explain how thing actually went down rather then rag the chick out.

it's not that interesting.

we went out for dinner & a movie. the flick I planned to see sold out, so it came down to "A Dangerous Method" or "Shame." I asked her if she had any preference. she said no, and I said, "Well, at least shame won't be boring, right?"

during the movie & afterward, she seemed okay. we both laughed about it... but I was doomed.

I am Travis Bickle in her mind now.

too bad "Shame" didn't get an Oscar nod either; at least then maybe I could salvage some dignity...

I thought about apologizing to see if I could make amends, but I had a date with someone else the next weekend who was cuter, more laid back, and it went great.

I've moved on.

MichChamp02 said:
cheeno said:
... If it was worth it I would explain how thing actually went down rather then rag the chick out.

we went out for dinner & a movie. the flick I planned to see sold out, so it came down to "A Dangerous Method" or "Shame." I asked her if she had any preference. she said no, and I said, "Well, at least shame won't be boring, right?"

during the movie & afterward, she seemed okay. we both laughed about it... but I was doomed.

too bad "Shame" didn't get an Oscar nod either; at least then maybe I could salvage some dignity...

I thought about apologizing to see if I could make amends, but I had a date with someone else the next weekend who was cuter, more laid back, and it went great.

I've moved on.

Oh well no big deal then. For the record Travis Bickle is a bad ass.

cheeno said:
MichChamp02 said:

I've moved on.

Oh well no big deal then. For the record Travis Bickle is a bad ass.

I laughed so hard when he blew off that guys hand.

Indeed. An exploding plastic hand filled with fake blood beats the best CGI FX. Hands down?

Back